Most Requested Cake Flavor Combos

Decorating By blueirus Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 7:11pm by Ronbob1984

xanikesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xanikesmom Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 7:49pm
post #31 of 36

I did a Strawberry Lemonade cake a few weeks ago. For all non-scratch people, this one's for you as it's super easy!!

Cake:
1 box Strawberry cake mix (made as directed)
Add one box on instant lemon pudding

Filling/Icing:
Wilton buttercream recipe with Lemon extract instead of Vanilla (I had to add a little more than the 1 tsp the original recipe calls for since the lemon extract was not real strong).

Everyone raved about it and it did taste like you were having a glass of Strawberry Lemonade icon_smile.gif

blueirus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueirus Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 1:32am
post #32 of 36

the arnold paulmer cake sounded wonderful, I am also going to try the strawberry lemonade one, great ideas ladies.
PS would love to have the arnold paulmer recipe icon_wink.gif

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 12:06pm
post #33 of 36

Arnold Palmer cake

Basically you replace the liquid in your recipe(box or scratch) with strong steeped black tea. I steep mine in my milk for my scratch recipe. I also add a little lemon extract.

For the lemonade icing, I put 2 of the Crystal Light single packets in my buttercream recipe along with some lemon extract. I also add a little of the unsweetened lemonade Kool Aid for the added tartness. I use american buttercream for this. The icing is nice and tart even though you have all the powdered sugar in there.

The people I work with always ask for this icing when I make a cake.

HTH
Robin

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 2:37am
post #34 of 36

The strawberry lemonade sounds wonderful!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:30pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbob1984

Arnold Palmer cake

Basically you replace the liquid in your recipe(box or scratch) with strong steeped black tea. I steep mine in my milk for my scratch recipe. I also add a little lemon extract.

For the lemonade icing, I put 2 of the Crystal Light single packets in my buttercream recipe along with some lemon extract. I also add a little of the unsweetened lemonade Kool Aid for the added tartness. I use american buttercream for this. The icing is nice and tart even though you have all the powdered sugar in there.

The people I work with always ask for this icing when I make a cake.

HTH
Robin

I use half and half for my liquid, that should work shouldn't it? This cakes sounds delightful...cant wait to try it...thanks for sharing.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 7:11pm
post #36 of 36

I don't see why not. Just make sure that you steep the tea for at least 1 hour. The milk doesn't make the flavor as strong as water does. I use half steeped in water and the other half in milk sometimes. Makes the flavor more intense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%