Gelatin Netting

Decorating By Denirae Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 4:09pm by Denirae

Denirae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denirae Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 7

Where can you buy the gelatin netting used in the UFC cakes to make the ring or cage?

6 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

could you please explain what is gelatine netting?

Denirae Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 2:32am
post #3 of 7

If you look up UFC cakes, you will see that there is a netting around the cage. My daughter worked a Deen & Deluca and they used them there, only she called them gelatin strips. We need to buy them, but were hoping to get them without going thru Deen & Deluca. Haven't found them so far. The UFC cakes on Cake Central Site, mostly post that they used cloth netting, but we know that they maked edible gelatin netting. Anybody know of them?

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 3:32am
post #4 of 7

I know on cakeboss they used the geletin sheets and evidently they were already scored so all they did was trace the lines with edible markers to make it look like netting.

HTH

JUDI

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 7

Could it be made with Sugarveil? I'm thinking if you had a cris-cross template it would be easy to pipe out a net using Sugarveil. Sugarveil is flexible too so that might be a plus.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 7

I have some gelatin sheets that have that crisscross pattern in them like Buddy used - the pattern lines are just a little thicker than the "background" portion of the sheet, but it is solid gelatin. Check out

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/sheet-gelatin-20-sheets?utm_source=frooglecom&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=shopping

Denirae Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the ideas. I believe that the kingflour sheets are what we are looking for. Thanks a million.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%