Whew ... Off The Hook On This One

Decorating By cakesbybert Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 12:41am by juleebug

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 2

but I can see a disaster in the making!!

I was asked by my daughter's BIL and his bride to make their cake in Nov for a June wedding. They had design picked out - simple and elegant. No problem would be glad to make the cake - but she also wanted pies to go along with it. No problem I thought at the time - although I had really been rethinking the making pies part. Anyway they had no idea how much they would need, told her to get with her mom (lives out of state) and get back with me after the first of the year on the numbers and we would figure up the deposit and such.

Okay no contact - so sent her a message yesterday and got my answer back. They have decided to have the MOB - yep MOB make the cake. Now she does not decorate cakes. She lives in PA and wedding is in KS, PLUS she is doing all of the food for the reception dinner!!!! Don't know how all of this is going to work out. But my response to her was thanks and that I had others wanting me to make cakes for that day and I would let them know that I was available.

1 reply
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #2 of 2

All I can say is, who in their right mind would pass up the chance to have one of your cakes? I bet she regrets it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%