Where Can I Buy Small Super Mario Figures?

Decorating By katies_cakes Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 7:48pm by KrizzlarsKupcakes

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 4

I am in the uk and my brother really wants me to make him a super mario cake for his birthday in april. i dont feel that i would be able to make a good enough mario out of fondant so wanted to buy one. i have looked in a lot of toy shops but without any success. does anyone have any suggestions? x

3 replies
KrizzlarsKupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrizzlarsKupcakes Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 11:11pm
post #2 of 4

Hi. i bought my kids Mario figures for Christmas. I got them on Ebay. ordered from Hong Kong, didn't take very long to get them~maybe 2 weeks. they are very cute. i am currently making a mario cake but have decided to sculpt the figures out of modeling chocolate. check out my pics, i have the princess peach one finished.

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 4

Just had a look, it is really good! its the first time i have heard of modeling chocolate, how did you do it? was it difficult? also i love your topsy turvy cake, how did you do that? did it need any internal supports? sorry about all the questions lol x

KrizzlarsKupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrizzlarsKupcakes Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 4

modeling chocolate is just melted chocolate mixed with corn syrup. i found the recipe here on cake central. i've never used it before, but it was very easy! molds just like clay. i've never sculpted anything before so i think peach came out pretty good for a first try. i'm about to post pics of the other characters i've finished so far.
the topsy turvy cake was HUGE. you can find tutorials on here of how to make it exactly~basically stack cakes of three diffrent sizes and angle them to look off-center. it does need supports in it or it will sink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%