Can U Fill Cross Shaped Cake?

Decorating By SANZ Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 9:03pm by kiwigal81

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 8

Make a cross cake, using the Wilton Cross pan - can I fill this cake with a chocolate raspberry mousse with out it falling apart?

7 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 8

I would line it with parchment first, and then freeze before I tried to take it out.

Mike

SANZ Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 8

I'm not using the pan to fill with a mousse, I made a cross cake for a baptism, want to fill it with the mousse. I'm afraid if I start cutting it in half, it might fall apart of break. Just wondering if anyone has ever tryied to do this and it be successful. I might have to start all over again.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 8

Sorry I guess I need more coffee.

Mike

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 8

After baking the cake - pop it in the fridge or freezer - let it firm up then it shall be easier to cut - is this what you mean - or do you mean AFTER you have filled it it might fall apart?

Bluehue

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 8

I wanted to fill a bundt but figured I couldn't torte it so I did it this way:

after it cooled I put it back in the bundt pan so the bottom of the cake faced me. I used the tip for filling cupcakes (think it's called a bismark?) to "inject" peppermint buttercream into the bundt cake. I had to thin the peppermint filling alot since I blew the tip off the bag the first time I tried it. icon_redface.gif

I injected the filling at about 1/2 to 3/4 inch intervals around the cake. When we cut it, it had a nice filling all the way through.

HTH!

SANZ Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone for responding. I cooled it and put it in the fridge overnight. I was able to fill it. Cut it very slowly and carefully. Filled it with the mousse, doubled the dam of icing just to be on the safe side. Crumb coated it and now it is back in the fridge, until I get my fondant rolled out. Wish me luck!

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 9:03pm
post #8 of 8

Luck! Let us know how it holdsicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%