Help!

Decorating By CupcakesAndCoffee Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 10:48pm by chefdot

CupcakesAndCoffee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakesAndCoffee Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so brief backround. I am not a pofessional, I bake purely for pleasure and enjoy it immensely! My 30th birthday is fast approaching and we are planning a big party. Since I love baking and cakes I want to make my own custom cake with my favorite things incorporated. I uploaded three pictures and the elements I want to include are the Bottom cupcake from the big cupcake cake, the coffee cup from picture 2 and the slice of cake fom picture three. Of course I will be coloring my cake differently so the the elements work. My biggest question is how to stack the three items? I think I could pull off stacking the cupcake and cake slice but how would I affix the coffee cup on top like that tilted? Would I put one of the thin cake rounds on the bottom of the coffee cup? I know I am rambling here, I apologize.

I someone has a general Idea of how to make the coffee cup I would greatly appreciate it. I will put the cherry under to keep it propped but I am still baffled as to how to affix it to the cake and whether there is a small cake round on the bottom. Any other hints/tips you think I may need are so appreciated! Would you say the coloring on the coffee cup is luster dust?

Image[/img]

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 3

EVERY cake must be on a cake round. Always.

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 3

I can't wait to see it! Happy Birthday!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%