Wilton Or Ck Glucose Is That Also Called "liquid Glucos

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 3:38pm by wrightway777

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 2

I know in Europe they do not have corn syrup readily available and the recipe that I have for flower paste calls for liquid glucose...is that the same as the tubs of wilton glucose? Its texture is so thick its hard to convince myself that its a liquid.

1 reply
wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 2

bump (in case anyone is interested):
I did find on this site
the following clue:
In other parts of the world, wheat, barley, tapioca, potato, rice, cassava, arrowroot, sago and maize starches are used to produce glucose syrup. The generic term of glucose syrup is used except when the originating material must be specified. Australian glucose syrup [liquid glucose] comes from wheat.

So...since US glucose is made from corn I have called Wilton and they are having a specialist look into it today to see what a modification of Wilton Glucose (which is a gel not a liquid) would need (I'm guessing heating it with something added...water...who knows).

Quote by @%username% on %date%