Shark Steam Cleaner

Lounge By KCC Updated 7 Mar 2010 , 5:49am by kiki07

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:42am
post #1 of 9

Anyone have a shark steam cleaner either floor or pocket, How do you like it? I put in laminet floor all through my home and need a better way to clean No matter what I mop with even plain water it seems to streak

8 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:51am
post #2 of 9

I have one that I use on ceramic tile. I love it. So much better than my other steam mop and doing it the old fashioned way. It dries in hardly any time and is very light weight and easy to use.

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 9

I have one and I can't imagine ever going back to the old fashioned way of cleaning a floor. This thing is amazing. It cleans your floors fast and dries almost immediately. For large areas, you might need to refill a few times but it's so worth it. Also, make sure you vacuum first, otherwise you will be pushing dirt around. I do find that I sometimes need to take a paper towel to wipe around edges.

The first time I used it I mentioned to my husband that I was going to try it out on our kitchen floor. He left for less than 15 minutes and when he came back I was watching TV. When he inquired when I was going to do the floor he was shocked to learn that it was already done and he could actually walk in the kitchen because the floor was dry. Usually I'm yelling at everyone to stay out of the kitchen. He went in to see a sparkling clean dry floor. It doesn't get much better thumbs_up.gif

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 9

I have one and I can't imagine ever going back to the old fashioned way of cleaning a floor. This thing is amazing. It cleans your floors fast and dries almost immediately. For large areas, you might need to refill a few times but it's so worth it. Also, make sure you vacuum first, otherwise you will be pushing dirt around. I do find that I sometimes need to take a paper towel to wipe around edges.

The first time I used it I mentioned to my husband that I was going to try it out on our kitchen floor. He left for less than 15 minutes and when he came back I was watching TV. When he inquired when I was going to do the floor he was shocked to learn that it was already done and he could actually walk in the kitchen because the floor was dry. Usually I'm yelling at everyone to stay out of the kitchen. He went in to see a sparkling clean dry floor. It doesn't get much better thumbs_up.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 9

I have one and it really does work well. I do all my sealed hard wood floors and my laminate. The first couple of times i used it it did get streaky, but that worked its way out after just a couple of uses. I have the pocket mop.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 9

I have one and I love it. The only down side is, new pads are close to 20.00 for two. Yes, you can wash the pads but after awhile the velcro doesn't seem to attach anymore. Plus you wouldn't imagine how dirty the pads actually get!

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 11:43am
post #7 of 9

I have it too. It does a great job on the smaller jobs and spills.
But, something to consider is this, my floors are not sealed and I was talking to my friend that installs floors the other day about it. He told me that the laminate I have now was not a good candidate for using the steam cleaners.

His point was that the manufacturer would void my warranty if they knew because somewhere in the tiny print it says not to use them. So, you might research that a bit just in case.

this site mentions it at the bottom:
http://www.builddirect.com/Laminate-Flooring/Laminate-Floors-FAQ_6951.aspx

I know you aren't asking about a vacuum but I recently bought this little vacuum and am madly in love with it! It is pricey but it is excellent for all sand, dirt and dog hair that gets on the floor. I use it at least twice a day for a quick spin around the house.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IAY3N0/?tag=cakecentral-20

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:31am
post #8 of 9

I just bought one and LOVE it! I'm obsessed with having a clean kitchen floor!

I always used the traditional mop and hated that it just seem to spread dirty water around and I really dislike the smell of pinesol! thumbsdown.gif

It was some of the best money I've ever spent!

kiki07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki07 Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:49am
post #9 of 9

Love it! I also clean the floors (I have laminate and tile, no carpet) with a mixture of water, vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Squeaky clean!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%