Baker's Joy Non-Stick Spray

Decorating By hardyboysmom Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 12:47am by momma28

hardyboysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hardyboysmom Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:10am
post #1 of 22

Forgive me if this doesn't get posted in the right spot! I am new to this site and not quite sure I am submitting this right.

I just bought a non-stick spray that absolutely worked perfect for me after I had a previous 12" round stick to the pan with pan grease and flour. The spray is called Baker's Joy. I picked it up on a whim at Walmart and is worked beautifully. 12" fell right out of the pan without even running a spatula around it! Great product.

21 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:18am
post #2 of 22

hello and welcome to CC.
you will love it here and meet lots of helpful cakers.
i too have used bakers joy and have had great results.
isnt it nice when alittle find - works so well!

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:21am
post #3 of 22

Love it too. : O)

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:24am
post #4 of 22

Love it three......

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:37am
post #5 of 22

Love it four. I have never had a problem with my cakes coming out of the pan. Saves so much time.

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:43am
post #6 of 22

I use this product all the time with no problem with my cakes sticking. However lately the past 4 cans I have had to take back because after a few uses the nozzle stops "spraying" It comes out in a thick single line. I always run the sprayer upside down under hot water and this still does not help. I dont know what the problem is, but the company needs to correct this!

anotherslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anotherslice Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:49am
post #7 of 22

I love Baker's Joy. I'm finding that Pam spray for baking works great, too.

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:57am
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

I use this product all the time with no problem with my cakes sticking. However lately the past 4 cans I have had to take back because after a few uses the nozzle stops "spraying" It comes out in a thick single line. I always run the sprayer upside down under hot water and this still does not help. I dont know what the problem is, but the company needs to correct this!

LOVE BAKERS JOY!!! I gave up the whole parchment paper/cake release after discovering it!! But I had this same issue, thought it was just me!!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 4:09am
post #9 of 22

I love it the first time, then after that it clogged on me. took it back and again.. clogging. clogging clogging.. even tried the instructions of running the sprayer part under hot water. It still clogged !! threw it away and went back to criso and flour. I also have a lot of humidity here.. maybe that is why.. dunno.. any one has an answer to fix the clogging PLEASE let me know.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:38am
post #10 of 22

I've had to ream out a sprayer with a needle to get it unclog. Of course, I've already soaked it in hot water for awhile first.

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 2:29pm
post #11 of 22

I agree, the stuff is awesome! No sticking, ever. No greasing & flouring, no parchment paper. It's all I use and have never had any sticking. I find that if I wipe the nozzle immediately after each time I use it, it doesn't get clogged.

CakeMommyJeni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyJeni Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:03pm
post #12 of 22

My favorite spray! I use it for every cake I do!

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:07pm
post #13 of 22

I actually don't like Baker's Joy, something about the way it smells! But Pam for baking is great!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:10pm
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

I had that problem once with a commercial supply I bought. What I did was take the nozzle off one that worked and used it in place of the nozzle that didn't work.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:23pm
post #15 of 22

I love it, too and save on parchment now. I definitely cover my nose and mouth when spraying though.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 11:43pm
post #16 of 22

I love the stuff. I have never had a cake stick. Only once have I had a problem with clogging.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:33am
post #17 of 22

I stopped using the sprays--Baker's Joy, PAM, etc.--because I disliked the hard top edges and the general texture of the cake that came in contact with the spray. I was cutting away hard bits here and there and it made more of a pain than it was worth.

I still cut parchment for the bottom of the pan and use Wilton bottled pan release for the sides (boy, does that stuff go a long way and it can't clog icon_wink.gif ).

Rae

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:04am
post #18 of 22

I've used the stuff for years too! I've never had it clog on me, but I also wipe it after each use.

Mom0971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom0971 Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 6:38am
post #19 of 22

I am in the "I love it" camp. Sometimes yes it clogs and then sprays out in globs but then it gets better. I too live where it is humid so that could be the problem. I actually love the crispy edges. I nibble on them when I am leveling my cakes. My girls are so funny that when I make a cake lately they hardly ever touch the scraps anymore. I have on occaision gotten a few cans over the years that were duds from the get go. So all in all I love bakers joy.
Shelley

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 1:51pm
post #20 of 22

I am surprised no one uses homemade cake release. Costs virtually nothing to make and stores for a good 6 months. Equal amts of flour,oil and solid veg shortening...mix well and apply sparingly with a brush. I do find it separates a bit, so stir before each use. (no diff from a can, you have to shake it)

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:29am
post #21 of 22

I used to make my own cake release, but I have to "paint" it on - so much easier to use the spray and it lasts me a while, though is more expensive than making my own.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:47am
post #22 of 22

LOVE IT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%