I Have Turned Into The Crazy Lady Next Door !!

Lounge By tesso Updated 16 Feb 2010 , 10:05pm by tesso

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:23am
post #1 of 15

I'm serious !! My neighbors son 12 and daughter 10 came over tonight to borrow my phone, thiers was dead. The girl has been in my den/office before but the boy hasnt.

He walked in went "OMG!" icon_surprised.gif Then looked like he was about to grab his sister and bolt for the door. probably with visions from every psycho/horror move ever made. icon_eek.gif

All because I collect knives, swords, daggers, spears etc. They are artfully displayed on the walls, tables, and shelves. I dont have children, so child friendly my house isn't! I am used to it, I dont think anything about it. but apparently it can be frightening.

He kept darting his eyes around the room then at me. He was so spooked. I couldnt help but laugh, and explain that i collected them. I let him handle a couple of knives, very carefully, and he finally calmed down from scared rabbit mode to "cool, you really throw knives". It just really got me tickled. I never imaged that I would be the crazy lady next door. icon_lol.gif

14 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:10am
post #2 of 15

lol I can only imagine what he was telling his Mom when he got home. icon_lol.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:13am
post #3 of 15

Omg that is so funny, I collect katanas and have them hanging everywhere. I have to admit I get some looks. LOL.

tesso Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:21am
post #4 of 15

jo_ann katanas are so beautiful, my passion is scimitars. and my claymores icon_biggrin.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 15

I have to admit that I think the scimitars are absolutely to die for, they are gorgeous and I love the claymores but I need (lol) to restrict my collection somewhat so I decided on the katanas.

candynumber1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candynumber1 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:11am
post #6 of 15

Oh my this is soo funny icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . I guess he won't come over to use your phone again!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:24am
post #7 of 15

HA! That's funny. I can just picture his eyes shifting around quickly. icon_lol.gif
You'll not only be known as the crazy neighbor but the neighbor never to break into her house or you'll be in trouble.

DH and I both served in the Marines so we have awards that have real knives as part of the awards mounted on the walls. We also have collectors knives, samurai swords and such. We never thought anything of it. To us they are just awards and art. I don't know how many people come to our house and have said "Why do you have that vicious looking knife mounted above your tv." or the ever so famous "Man, no one ever try breaking into here or they are screwed."

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:34am
post #8 of 15

oh we're the crazy people in our street to... nothing knife/weapon related but even the jehovas avoid us

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-A

oh we're the crazy people in our street to... nothing knife/weapon related but even the jehovas avoid us

I wish I had that problem!

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 6:10pm
post #10 of 15

Too funny, I also collect swords and knives !! I am glad to know that there are other women that collect not many that i know of around here I am a claymore fan also, I like to go outside turn on the rasio and practice with them but it has freaked out some of the neighbors. Any who love the story!

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 11:57am
post #11 of 15

the whole "crazy lady" subject caught my eye so I had to pop in here...lol

This is a funny story. I wish I could have seen that kids face. icon_eek.gif

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 2:17pm
post #12 of 15

Welcome to the "Crazy Lady" club!! We have fun here, and nobody ever messes with us!
I am the crazy lady of my street too, but not because of knives. Because.... well, I'm not sure why. Could be the way I "gently call out the window" to get people out of my yard. Could be the way I attack the ice on my sidewalk. Might even be the memory they all have of seeing me haul reams of wet carpet and underlay out the front door, looking like a possessed woman.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:05pm
post #13 of 15

Maybe my kids are weird but if you lived next door to us my 11 year old would be trying to get you to show him how to throw knives and stuff and they'd both love to come check out your collection.

Maybe that's because we'd be the crazy neighbors if we didn't live on the res.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:

It isn't that hard to get them to stop coming around. If you offend them they won't ever come back and they're pretty easy to freak out. The trick is to make them see you as unlikely to convert and maybe someone who might try to preach something they really don't like at them. I got my kid to make a comment about the Bible that made it clear we aren't a religious household and they haven't been here in years. I believe you are Christian but pretending to be pagan or something could rid you of them for years.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 7:51pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:

It isn't that hard to get them to stop coming around. If you offend them they won't ever come back and they're pretty easy to freak out. The trick is to make them see you as unlikely to convert and maybe someone who might try to preach something they really don't like at them. I got my kid to make a comment about the Bible that made it clear we aren't a religious household and they haven't been here in years. I believe you are Christian but pretending to be pagan or something could rid you of them for years.

nope, hubbys parents live right next door and FIL is hard core greek orthodox so enjoys having in depth discussions about the bible with anyone... to the point of cornering them in the corner of the garden as they try to escape

hubby on the other hand - opened our front door butt nekkid once... theyve never been back since

oh, and then there was the time he answered the door swearing his head off because he thought it was his annoying brother.. only to find a 6yr girl and her mother raising money for breast cancer.... he was so mortified & gave $20 in shame

then there was the time his mother was wandering the street with a machette because she was chopping down some bushes at the other sons house... he lives about 100ft up the road from us... did i mention that Toby, the little boy next door had a chicken and it wandered into my MIL's driveway... she killed it and they ate it for dinner

see... crazy family icon_biggrin.gif

tesso Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 10:05pm
post #15 of 15

thanks guys. I dont feel so alone anymore. oh i got rid of my j-witnesses by opening the door, smiling real big at them and then looking over my shoulder and holllering to my hubby.. set up the alter baby, we have our sacrafices now; ask and you will receive. They couldnt run fast enough. icon_lol.gif I know...i know.. hubby says i will do some time in hell for that one. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%