Costco Vs. Sams Club

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 17 Feb 2010 , 4:43am by nicfam6

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 12

I wanna buy pre-made bc but I dont know if I should Buy from Costco or Sams club. Which one taste better? Which one is easier to work with?.....Wait one minute Does Costco even sell their bc, I probably should have asked that first....sorry.............Any help?

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 12

The Costco bakeries don't normally sell any of theire cake decorating products to the public.

If yours will sell you b/c, it'd be interesting to see what you think of it. (Please include the price, the manufacturer and the size of the container so we can compare to Sam's b/c.)

HTH

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 12

I use Sam's and LOVE it! It spreads beautifully and gets a really nice crust. It's very sweet, which i don't usualy prefer but my customers absolutely go nuts over it!

It's also one of those icings that when you open up the cake box to show it to the customer you get this big waft of vanilla and it smells SOOOOooo good!

THECAKEPLACE Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 12

Khalstead do you d anything to the buttercream before you use it or is it ready right from the bucket?[/quote]

cakemadam21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemadam21 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 12

I worked there in the bakery (Sam's) and the icing is indeed great! The only thing you need to do maybe, when you open it for another use is stir it a bit to get it creamy and always be sure to close the top on it!

It REALLY crusts good, LOL! And you might want to invest in a industrial styled opener for those types of buckets, it's a little hard to open and we need our hands!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 12

I use it just as is.........the only time I even bother to stir a bit before scooping it out is if it appears to have melted a little causing it to look like it's separating...when it's SUPER HOT out.......other than that I use it right from the bucket. I also open the buckets up without a special tool with no problems!

cakemadam21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemadam21 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 12

Sometimes when I use it, it seems to crusts a bit so I stir it and while I don't have a special tool, I am going to get one because it is sometimes hard to open, but no, you don't have to have one, just a few different opinions for you to use and consider. But you will love it!

impala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
impala Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 12

Hi eveyone...how long does the Sam's icing keep and can you feeze in smaller batches?

artlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artlover Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:23am
post #9 of 12

How many 11/15 sheets cake can i frost and decorate with this sams club icing. and how much dose this icing cost.

THECAKEPLACE Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 9:49pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlover

How many 11/15 sheets cake can i frost and decorate with this sams club icing. and how much dose this icing cost.

I believe it cost $38 dollars

artlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artlover Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 2:48am
post #11 of 12

Thanks for the reply, do you know how many cake i can frost with it.

nicfam6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicfam6 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 4:43am
post #12 of 12

When you purchase the icing from Sams Club do you just go to the bakery area and ask to buy the icing and in what quantities do they sell them.

Thanks in advance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%