Attaching Pvc Or Etc To Base Boards Help Asap?

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 12:50pm by diamondsonblackvelvet13

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 4

Okay my hubby and I are having this argument about cake supports because I need one done and he doesn't think we are doing it right and wants me to ask....

I just need a simple support...I have a round wooden base...need a 1" dowel standing up from the base, with about an 8" wooden circle on top to support a small two tiered cake. I will be putting a styrofoam ball on the base over the 1" dowel.

I thought we'd just screw the dowel to the base and screw the round wood to the top and be done....its always worked fine before.

My hubby says that doesn't work well and is hard to get perfectly straight and etc. He insists there's a better way and wants to know how you guys attach PVC to base boards and what kind of connectors you guys use for this kind of thing.

*sigh* I wish I knew woodworking, I'd just do it myself... icon_rolleyes.gif Its frustrating when I know in my head what I need but I can't do it, so I have to try to explain it to somebody else, and then they have another picture in their head as how it needs to be really doesn't do well for the peace of the home at those times hahahaha.

3 replies
Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 4

on tv, or on facebook, I check out the armatures and it looks like they usually use metal pipes and flanges! i don't know about PVC or wood though... sorry!

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:08am
post #3 of 4

You can take the "cap" for a piece of pvc and screw it down to your board, insert your pvc, glue (pvc glue) it into the cap. Not sure if this is what you are looking for...


diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 4

What you are looking for is called a Floor Flange. You can buy it at a hardware store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%