Chocolate Panels

Decorating By dberck Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 5:10am by Kitagrl

dberck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dberck Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 2

I want to do something like this on a cake...would you use chocolate clay or just melted chocolate chips or Wilton wafers. Thanks.

1 reply
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 5:10am
post #2 of 2

Looks like molded candy plaques...just use melted candy melts or "almond bark". You can mold them for perfect size...or if in a pinch just pour the chocolate onto wax paper and spread out evenly....then when its about room temp and almost hard (but still a little soft) cut through it and then let harden completely.

I think the molds will make it look nicer a plaque or candy bar mold. Actually they kinda look like the backside of a boughten candy bar!

Quote by @%username% on %date%