How To Store Marshmallow Fondant?

Decorating By jenie Updated 26 Apr 2014 , 8:01am by NomNomCake Bomb

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:42am
post #1 of 8

Hi guys,
I have left over marsmallow fondant and I made marshmallow fondant figures and flowers..for how long can i keep it and how to store them?

thank you so much

Jhen

7 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:17am
post #2 of 8

wondering the same thing! thanks for asking..

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:51am
post #3 of 8

which are you trying to store - the figures or fondant or both?

For the fondant just wrap it tightly, twice, in plastic wrap and then place in a ziploc and suck the air out. Maybe even 2 ziplocs. Keep in cupboard for several weeks or even months depending on the recipe, or you can actually freeze it if you want.

For figures+flowers, store in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Keep the container sealed if they are things you want to remain soft or be sure it's in something air can circulate through (such as, cardboard box) if you want them to dry out while they are being stored.

noahsmummy Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:05am
post #4 of 8

is that the same for MMF? to store is wrapped and in the cupboard? not the fridge? thanks!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:52am
post #5 of 8

Yes, if you are going to use it within a few weeks it keeps just fine in the cupboard. I actually coat it--or simply the first layer of plastic wrap--with a little shortening first to help prevent it from drying out.

I did have cupboard-stored fondant go bad on me once but it was Michele Foster's recipe (MFF) and it had been at least 6 months icon_eek.gif! I keep it in the freezer for long term, now.

noahsmummy Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 10:05am
post #6 of 8

haha ohk thanks! i have extra ( i used rhondas ultimate mmf.. brilliant recipe i might add..=)) and i want to use it on a cake for next saturday.. wasnt sure where to keep it tho.. thanks again. =)

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 8

Thank's

NomNomCake Bomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NomNomCake Bomb Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 8:01am
post #8 of 8

anybody know how long in the freezer the mmf can keep. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%