Help With Bedroom Set Identification

Lounge By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 15 Feb 2010 , 8:47am by redpanda

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 4

I need to sell my bedroom set and am planning to do so through a consignment shop. They require a photo to be emailed to them so they can decide if they will accept the item. Unfortunately, due to very low ceilings in our current house, some of the pieces are in the basement and some on the second floor. I don't have a way to move them either. The problem lies in the fact that this is one of those weird sets that all of the pieces are attached, so photographing the pieces will not be helpful to the shop.

Here's what I need help with, if you have any inkling. I've been trying to do google searches for quite some time now with no luck. If I could at least figure out what this type of set-up is called, maybe I would have better luck.

There are 2 armoirs (cabinets) on either side of the bed. Behind the bed is a low cabinet which has doors that flip up and you can store things dow in it; there is a mirror behind that. At the foot of the bed are 2 tall posters, then across the top are wood panels with wicker (like a canopy, but flat.)

The brand is Thomasville and was purchased in 1988. It's light oak color. If you have this bed set, would you be so kind as to email me a picture?

Thanks so much for any help or ideas you can offer!

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:27am
post #2 of 4

Have you tried contacting Thomasville? They may be able to email you a photo from their 88 catalog.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:49am
post #3 of 4

Try looking for "wall unit bed" in Google images. I'm guessing you meant something like this:

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 8:47am
post #4 of 4

I think that the set-up you are describing is a pier unit. At least that is what I have that sounds very similar--there are two nightstands with cupboards on top and then a "bookcase headboard" with two small cabinets and a mirror.

This is an example of a pier unit:

Quote by @%username% on %date%