Anyone Here With A Much Younger Guy??

Lounge By sweetsbycheryl Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 9:28pm by _Jamie_

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 22

Ok- here's the scoop. Just started seeing a wonderful man. He's mature, responsible and is totally great. He's a teacher and wonderful with kids. Problem being is that he's only 28, and I'm 40. Anyone out there with a much younger man?? Can it really work longterm?? We have alot of the same values and want the same things out of a relationship, so what do you guys think??

21 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 22

If it works for you, then go for it. Personally i'm not with a younger guy, but do know some that have been together for many years. So in answer to your question, i have seen it work.

Good luck to you, and pay no mind to those who choose to judge you, they are probably a touch jealous icon_smile.gif

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 22

If either of you has children (especially if yours are older teenagers or young adults), you should take their feelings into account. But other than that, if you're both happy, why not?

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 22

After my husband, who was 15 years older than me, died of a heart attack, I met my second husband, who was almost five years younger than me. I thought that was great as I surely didn't want to go through burying another husband. Nine years of marriage and two sons later, he was killed in a car accident. I am now with a man who is over nine years younger than me and we've been together for seven years and are doing great. The point of all this is to show that you never know what might happen tomorrow so you might as well grab as much happiness as you can today. The only problem with the age difference with my first husband was that I wanted more children and he didn't, though it was not a deal breaker for me. As long as you both agree on the major things like children and values, age is only a number.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 22

My guy is 8 almost 9 years younger than me. I am 48, he just turned 40 and we have been together 6 years. I do occasionally get the "I'm your mother feeling"...lol and there are definitely some things I'd change about him but I guess that's for everyone. Honestly, I tried very hard to date men my age or older but I found the ones I came into contact with very set in their ways and wanting a Barbie for their final years I guess. Funny my guy is more handsome than any of them and I could weigh 500lbs and he wouldn't say a word.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:30am
post #6 of 22

Age is relative. It is life expierence that dictates maturity, not chronological age. I have met people in their 50's who I could have a great conversation with and some that have about as much common sense as my 14 year old...some even less! I have met some great people in their 20's and some...that were in their 20's. I have some really close friends that are older then me and some my age. Bottom line, you know if it works...and thats all that matters.

LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:39am
post #7 of 22

And by the way, my husband is 5 years youger then me. I find our up-bringins being so different tend to cause the problems, not the age difference. And my grandma is 11 years older then my grandpa and they have been married for well over 50 years.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:59am
post #8 of 22

I don't think age itself is a factor. It's too soon to tell where the relationship is headed, but the problem could be if he wants a family with you later.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:03am
post #9 of 22

my best friends sister is about 10yrs older than here hubby and they have been together for about 20yrs. he was in his early 20's when they met and married and they seem pretty happy and he raised her son since he was about 5yrs old

i will say she works very hard to keep looking young but you can tell shes not (well we dont get younger do we ladies) and sydney single women are very aggressive generally so her hubby does get hit on... alot (hes a very good looking man) .... and some women have even made comments to him about his "granny wife" while she is standing right there.

LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:12am
post #10 of 22

How rude!

stacyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyd Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:21am
post #11 of 22

My mother, who is going to be 59 next month (don't tell her I said that!), has dated for the past 6 years a guy who will turn 38 this year. I am 36 and my brother is 39.....Doesn't bother us, just want her happy.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:08am
post #12 of 22

My hubby isn't younger than me but he does act like a big baby sometimes ... does that count? icon_lol.gif

My (marine) son is getting married this year and his fiance is 2-3 years older than him. I know that's not a big span, but they are a perfect match.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:13am
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My hubby isn't younger than me but he does act like a big baby sometimes ... does that count? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.giftapedshut.gificon_lol.giftapedshut.gif

I got me one of them....especially this week he's had the flu since Friday and I swear to God if it doesn't kill him I will......he's the worst patient. NOBODY has EVER had the flu like poor poor John icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:15am
post #14 of 22

omg, sick husbands are the worst! I guess it's considered "unmanly" to actually take medicine or go to the doctor .... MUCH more macho to sit around and whine about how bad you feel while you're NOT doing anything about it!

Mine says, "Medicine never does any good!" I say, "Not when it sits in the bottle in the bathroom, it doesn't!"

I'll bet if we did a study, we'd find that most husbands that were shot by their wives, were shot during the flu and cold season! icon_lol.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:19am
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

omg, sick husbands are the worst! ....:

omg yes!

hubby had been sick for a day or so and ran out of juice - and note, i was about 8pm at night

him: any more juice
me: no honey, you drank it all - i'll get more in the morning
him: there are oranges on the tree isnt there
me: i think so, im not sure
him: so you can make me juice

and i did it!

in september i broke my ankle but it was a very busy time at work - so i went to the office and worked all day BEFORE i went to the doctors and was told i had a broken ankle

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:35am
post #16 of 22

sweetsbycheryl - where did you find all these great men? I'm 54 been alone for about 10 years now and want to share my life with someone. They say the way to a man's stomach is through food so I really started baking with this in mind (lol)!

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:28pm
post #17 of 22

My BIL and his wife have a 12 year age difference. He is older. They have been happily married for 13 years. As long as you both want the same thing out of the relationship, I don't see why it couldn't work. I agree with vicki3336. Life is short - enjoy all the happiness that comes your way! thumbs_up.gif

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:59pm
post #18 of 22

My husband 8 yrs younger than me. My children, who are all grown, adore him. Good luck to you OP.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:46pm
post #19 of 22

All the Cougars in the house say HHEEYY!! YOU GO GIRLS!

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:33pm
post #20 of 22

I have a friend who is 25 and has been married to his wife for 3 years and she is 39. They have a great time together. We were all just tailgating for the NFC championship game and they look completely happy.

As long as you are looking for the same things why not? Go for it!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:24pm
post #21 of 22

Love is not bound by race, religion, color, creed or age!

Besides it is just a number...as long as you both treat each other right, then who care what the age difference is....enjoy it!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 9:28pm
post #22 of 22

No, but my hubby is married to a much younger woman! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%