Sheeters

Decorating By ladycake17 Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 2:09am by conchita

ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know about the dough sheeters? I see them used on the food network and I would love to have one but do not know how to find them. I seen a table top one on the cricut video. Thanks for your help!

4 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:31am
post #2 of 5

I just typed in fondant sheeter into google and it came up with one right away. They seem to have the table top version but no prices listed.

micky3626 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micky3626 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:53am
post #3 of 5

I work for a restaurant equipment company and the big sheeters that sit on the counter top runs over $5,000

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5

Now I am in Canada so not sure about other pricing but here is what I found when I have enquired about them....

They do come in various sizes smallest being 12-14 inch and going up to 24 inches plus.

A used table top 12-14" will run you about $1800.00 and new your looking at 2500 and up.

The 12-14" is a table top model when you get into 18" plus they have there own stand...

You can get them at restaurant supply shops and some places will even rent them out to you.

We found a local supply that would rent you one for $400.00 for 60 days and if you decided to buy it they would knock the 400.00 off of the price.

They even allowed us to try it in the store.

As much as I want one, I don't make enough cakes to justify buying one and even still I would have to buy the bigger models so that I would be able to do any size cake and those your looking at around 5000.00 and up!

Hope this helps you...and you never know you might get lucky and find one on Craigslist or Kijiji from a pizza shop that is going out of business icon_smile.gif

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:09am
post #5 of 5

somerset is the company I know they have 3 diferent models for fondant sheeters and they are like 3,000 I wish some one would make a smaller version for us. (the hone bakers)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%