I Put Blue In My Sugar And It Came Out...

Sugar Work By tesso Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 7:15am by tesso

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:02am
post #1 of 5

I put wilton royal blue in my poured sugar and it all came out GREEN !!! a most gorgeous dark green. and when I began pulling the sugar is turned a stunning seafoam green (i loved it) but i NEED royal blue !! i'm practicing for my sisters wedding cake. How do i achieve that royal blue color? Also if anyone has experienced color changes that drastic I would love to know what colors produced what colors.. THANKS !!

4 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:41am
post #2 of 5

use americolor...I find that it stays true to it's original color and you wont need to use as much of it like the wilton gels....

HTH

tesso Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:50am
post #3 of 5

thank you, I was in a panic because I need that color so bad. I went online and found this web site...

http://www.americolor.org/AmeriColor_Soft_Gel_Paste_Food_Colors_s/20.htm

they are having a sell !!!! it is time for me to go shopping !!! one of my top 5 favorite things to do.

thanks again. icon_biggrin.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 5

If you used real sugar--not isomalt--the reason you got green when you added blue is because real sugar cooks up with a yellow tinge to it and YELLOW+BLUE=GREEN.

Colors are always more true with isomalt because it is clear when cooked properly.

With real sugar, you have to cancel out the yellow tinge. Try adding some violet to it--not a lot--and then add the blue. You can then bump up the bluish color by adding a bit more violet, if necessary.

HTH
Rae

tesso Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 7:15am
post #5 of 5

thanks so much. I am planning on ordering the colors I need for the next couple of wedding cakes. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%