I'm An Idiot...

Decorating By laurs_1981 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 1:43pm by nhbaker

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:58am
post #1 of 77

So I was making some mmf earlier which i've done a few times successfully, and feel that I'm finding getting the touch. When for some reason instead of adding the sugar to the bowl, I poured the whole wet goopy mess right on my counter to knead with no powdered sugar down.

Needless to say I learned that my table is NOT level and my dog had a very big treat. Thank goodness no one was home as I tried helplessly to catch burning hot liquid marshmallow with my hands.

I have NO idea why I did it. Aanyway, if you needed a laugh for the day - there you go!! haha

76 replies
MACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:11am
post #2 of 77

Too funny icon_lol.gif Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure you puppy was spinning for hours.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:23am
post #3 of 77

Feel free to now join the "totally buttheaded move of the week" club! LOL!

Been there! icon_lol.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:26am
post #4 of 77

LMAO !!! oh my .................did you catch any lol !!!!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:31am
post #5 of 77

sounds like you've had a long week like me lol... I tried to answer the rolling pin and roll fondant with the phone today icon_sad.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:09am
post #6 of 77

You guys are cracking me up. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this.

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 8:54am
post #7 of 77

This reminds me of the time several years ago I was making a pumpkin pie..had it all mixed up in the bowl and instead of pouring it into the pie shell I poured it down the sink...duh! Guess I was just thinking ahead of myself and ready to wash the bowl...who knows! icon_sad.gif

jammjenks Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:02pm
post #8 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieC

This reminds me of the time several years ago I was making a pumpkin pie..had it all mixed up in the bowl and instead of pouring it into the pie shell I poured it down the sink...duh! Guess I was just thinking ahead of myself and ready to wash the bowl...who knows! icon_sad.gif

I've done that with noodles before. I thought I had the strainer in the sink, but I didn't.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 77

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Visions of Lucy Ricardo come to mind! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

laurs_1981 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:37pm
post #10 of 77

make me feel better knowing that i'm in such good company!!! haha

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:46pm
post #11 of 77

Glad we find the humor. My best mistake with MMF was forgetting to grease the bowl before melting the marshmallows. At least I built some muscle scrubbing the mess out!

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:27pm
post #12 of 77

jammjenks...I had to laugh. I can just see you digging all those noodles out of the sink! At least my mess went straight down the drain...no cleaning up! LOL

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:39pm
post #13 of 77

Yesterday I cracked an egg right in the trash can! icon_redface.gif

jammjenks Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:47pm
post #14 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieC

jammjenks...I had to laugh. I can just see you digging all those noodles out of the sink! At least my mess went straight down the drain...no cleaning up! LOL

It took me a while to get them out, especially since it was thin spaghetti. thumbsdown.gif

The next time the sink was starting to drain slowly, DH said it was "probably all that crisco and butter". I couldn't help but think there was a few noodles mixed in with all the crisco and butter. tapedshut.gif

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:48pm
post #15 of 77

I was mixing up Sugar Cookie Dough and went to add an egg while the mixer was on low and threw that shells in right after the egg went in. And a few months ago dumped a 12" pan of cake batter all over my oven...about 2 hours after my husband had cleaned it up all nice and pretty!

superdobbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superdobbers Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:49pm
post #16 of 77

I once put gravy granules instead of cocoa into a chocolate cake. They came in a similar-looking tub!!

jammjenks Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:49pm
post #17 of 77

Ever put a cake in the oven and forget to set the timer? <raises hand>

Ever mix pound cake and forget how many cups of flour you just put in? <raises hand>

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:07pm
post #18 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Ever put a cake in the oven and forget to set the timer? <raises hand>

Ever mix pound cake and forget how many cups of flour you just put in? <raises hand>

or lost count on sugar;
cracked an egg into the sink;
gone to deal with the kids and not heard the timer;
watched your child lift the mixer out of the batter of red velvet cake while still running;

my personal best: filled the pan, realized I forgot to grease/line it; pour out batter, clean pan, refill pan and, yep, realize I yet again forgot the grease/liner. 3rd time was a charm.

I blame it all on baking with kiddos around.

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:20pm
post #19 of 77

I was making cookies for a road trip and was using a mix since I didn't want a whole bunch. Well, I took out a brownie mix and the cookie mix trying to decide on which to make. I didn't put the brownie mix away when I started to make the cookies. I ended up reading the instructions and adding the ingredients for the brownies into the cookie mix. It wasn't until after I started mixing it together and saw it was too runny for cookies that I realized what I had done. Luckily it was peanut butter cookies so I added some peanut butter and flour to it. They were still edible of course, but you could tell that wasn't quite the way they were supposed to taste, and I wound up with more than I planned. icon_mad.gif

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #20 of 77

I have an electric starter on my oven (no knobs to turn) it was a long night of baking, and I put the cake in the oven after preheating it, set the timer, when to go sit down, and hour and half later the timer was going off, went to pull the cake out and realized I pushed the oven button off while I was setting the timer.....So it was an even LONGER night of baking!!!

laurs_1981 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 10:14pm
post #21 of 77

this is my favourite thread that i've started!!!...too funny...

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 10:53pm
post #22 of 77

oh too many to tell. I have learned to laugh at myself or I will have brain damage from smacking myself in the head. dunce.gif

which one to post... icon_rolleyes.gif so many... okay. How about the one where i pulled my cake out of the oven, set it down, took off my ove mits and put them in the oven in stead of the drawer next to it. icon_redface.gif Thank god they were ove gloves!!

ohh.. how many here have been talking on the phone and dropped it in the cake batter !!! let's see those hands!!!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #23 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

my personal best: filled the pan, realized I forgot to grease/line it; pour out batter, clean pan, refill pan and, yep, realize I yet again forgot the grease/liner. 3rd time was a charm.

I blame it all on baking with kiddos around.

I have done this too, but first I forgot to add the eggs and wondered, as I poured it, why it was so thick! icon_lol.gif

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:25pm
post #24 of 77

The number of times I've cracked an egg into the sink then merrily thrown the shells into the mixer. As they are flying into the batter, I always think 'noooooo!!' but I'm too slow to turn it off in time.

Lol, gravy cake!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:27pm
post #25 of 77

years ago when I first started baking I switched the amounts for the oil and water for a boxed cake mix icon_redface.gif
but that was a long time ago, and in case you were wondering, it was not at all edible !

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:40pm
post #26 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdobbers

I once put gravy granules instead of cocoa into a chocolate cake. They came in a similar-looking tub!!

I was making meatloaf one night and I like to add dry onion soup mix and I grabbed a white envelope from the cupboard........then when it hit the meat it turned pink I was like......what on earth!!!

I realized it was NOT onion soup mix it was weight watchers very berry smoothie mix! :YUCK!!

fruity meatloaf anyone?

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:03am
post #27 of 77

I once walked out to get the mail after baking 6 cakes which I left on the counter, and forgot to take the (80 lb) dog out with me. Yup, dog ate good that day.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:48am
post #28 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM

I once walked out to get the mail after baking 6 cakes which I left on the counter, and forgot to take the (80 lb) dog out with me. Yup, dog ate good that day.

My 80 lb lab got a double batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies one day that I left on the counter to cool. A $50 call to Animal Poison Ctrl and we now know that a dog must ingest 1 oz of PURE 100% chocolate per pound of their own weight for it to be a problem. Not even close to 80 oz. of pure choc. in the cookies, so we were safe.

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 12:54am
post #29 of 77

Too funny, mine's a lab too! Troublemakers!

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:18am
post #30 of 77

We call labs garbage hounds. There's nothing they won't eat, but turkey and cake are our yellow's favorites. That doesn't mean she hasn't eaten $40, a leg of lamb, and a pecan pie - all off the counter. Those are just some of the many, many things.....!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%