linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:09am
post #1 of 7

how do i make a shoe and what is it better to make it with mmf or gum paste

6 replies
Preezie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Preezie Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:28am
post #2 of 7

Hi. Just use the search function and type in 'how to make a gumpaste shoe' There is step by step article on this. Also, I haven't tried making a shoe personally, but from what I've read gumpaste might be a better idea to use since it hardens better...Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 7

Hi, I would go for gumpaste. And here is a great video from Pink cake box. There are three parts on that.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 7

I used the mini shoe tutorial on here before and I just recently tried Pink Cake Box method. I liked PKB way better. Hers is a lifesize shoe. I went to a discount store and purchases a new pair of heels for 3.00, they always have ugly shoes cheap..lol. I tore the shoe apart and used it for templates which I made on a file folder cardboard. The base of the shoe makes for a perfect mold. The only problem I had with her method was letting the heel dry first. It never seemed to fit right like I thought it would when it dried. I ended up molding one, inserting the skewr for support and attaching in while still soft. It worked much better. There is a photo of the finished shoebox cake in my photos.

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 7

I loved the PKB tutorial as well. Unfortunately, I had to make a pump style shoe which ended up be very challenging. I haven't found a tutorial for a pump show. Most are mules or sandals. Definitely use gumpaste or fondant with tylose (that's what I used since I needed it to be black). I have a picture of my shoe in my photos.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 3:58am
post #6 of 7

I make an awesome, easy chocolate shoe. (It's hollow)

If you want more info on it, just let me know.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 4:25am
post #7 of 7

There are tutorials in here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654103.html

Check out the pages. I believe there are a couple more I added.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%