Superwhite Powder From Uk - What Is It?

Decorating By Maynard628 Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 8:01pm by ibmoser

Maynard628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maynard628 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 3

I came across a book that uses superwhite powder to add on to food color for painting on sugarpaste or fondant. Does anyone know what this is? You can get it in the UK, but I would like to know if we can purchase it here in the US? Also if anyone knows what stores or online stores that carry this? OR if there is something equivalent to this that we can use? Thanks!

2 replies
Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 3

You can use corn-starch. Just add a little to your powdered food coloring to lighten the colors and you can paint with them dry.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 3

"Superwhite powder" may be titanium dioxide - this is the powder that is dissolved in glycerine to make the Wilton (and other brands) "White-white" icing color. It comes in oil and water soluble forms. Cornstarch works nicely for making a pastel from a more intense powdered color for dry brushing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%