Tumor Round 2.

Lounge By prterrell Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 10:51pm by jjkarm

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 26

In October of 2008 I had my right ovary removed because it had exploded into a football sized tumor.

A couple of weeks ago, when I was in the hospital for a partially obstructed bowel, most likely due to adhesions from above surgery, I had a CT scan done which revealed my left ovary has swollen to 7 cm.

I will be having an ultrasound a week from today to confirm that I have another tumor, but it's really just a formality as it is already palpable (I and my OBGYN can both feel it).

Looks like I'll be having a complete hysterectomy of my remaining bits sometime this month or in March. Unfortunately, the tumor is already to large to do a laproscopic surgery.

So, at 31, the dream of a baby dies and I am officially barren.

25 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 26

I can't even imagine how you feel right now, But I wanted to send HUGS your way!!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 26

OOHH honey huge hugs. I can not begin to understand how it feels not having children as I have had my family and was lucky to have them as I have had ovarian problems all of my life but I do understand how things are with having Ovarian tumours as I had to have my left one removed just one week after I married my husband 2 1/2 years ago and my right one is now just a huge mess.

I send you massive HUGS to help you get through this.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 26

I, too, can't also imagine how you feel. I wish you all the best. I hope more smiles will come your way.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 26

WOW...words can not express how you must feel and I am truly sorry for what you are experiencing.

But they found them and they are being removed and you will live on.

My SIL went through the same thing when she was 25 and knows she will never have a chld of her own...but today she posted on her Facebook that she is officially a Mommy because she received her first foster child (a girl) and I am sure she will have the house full in no time.

I think it is a gift of love when we are able to create and conceive a child with the person we love.... but I also believe that it is just as special if not more so to receive a child who is in need of a loving family because you were both chosen.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and healing.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 26

I had my tubes tied when I was 26, after my second child was born. Even though my family was complete, I wanted to have the surgery, and it would have endangered my health to have another baby, I had a really hard time dealing with the fact that my fertility was gone. I can't even imagine how much worse you must be feeling right now and I'm sorry you have to go through all of it.

After my c-section it helped to wear those spandex granny panties that Walmart sells, to hold everything in place while my tummy muscles healed. Maybe that would help with your recovery. For me it meant I could laugh or cough without crying, and I could sit up without taking 20 minutes to get out of bed. I think maybe the real name for them is "control briefs" rather than spandex granny panties icon_razz.gif But I wore them around the clock for about six weeks after I had Sophia and they made a real difference in how fast I healed.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 26

I am so sorry. I know there are no words that can make you feel better about such a devastating loss.

Sending hugs...

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 26

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know the pain you are feeling. I will be praying for you.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #9 of 26

I'm so sorry. (((BIG HUGS))). I wish there was something I could say to help take the shock and the pain away, but I know there isn't. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:39am
post #10 of 26

I'm so very sorry to hear that. Hope the surgery goes well. (((((hugs)))))

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:42am
post #11 of 26

sending lots of heart felt postive vibes and hugs your way - wishing you the best of health to get thru this, both physically and emotionally

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:00am
post #12 of 26

My thoughts echo what everyone else has already said. Please know that your CC family is praying for you and we're here whenever you need a shoulder to cry on.

God Bless and ((((((HUGS))))))

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:53am
post #13 of 26

You're in my thoughts and I'm sorry you are going through this... please keep us updated. ((( HUG )))

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:49am
post #14 of 26

Sending {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you - take care of yourself emotionally as well as physically. You have some grieving ahead of you. icon_sad.gif I can never put myself in your shoes, but my oldest daughter had a complete hysterectomy at 26, and as you, never had the opportunity to give birth to a child. After you have taken time to heal - find a support group, I know that help Dani a lot. I will keep you in my prayers.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:31am
post #15 of 26

barren of uterus is NOT equal to barren of heart.

as one who is adopted, adopted by a woman how like you had all the mechanics removed for health reasons, it only proved...

love is born in the heart not in the plumbing.

she adopted 3 children and happily, gladly, ok gleefully drove us all a bit nuts in the best possible ways with her love of us, love of life -- oh, yea and her love putting decorations on anything that stood still too long at Christmas (I got "bowed" several times) and always having a 4-foot diameter by 5-foot tall Easter basket!

Grieve for a time - it is only right.

then look forward to new opportunities, a new chances for love.

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:42am
post #16 of 26

My heart was breaking just reading your post. I am sending hugs your way.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:54am
post #17 of 26

I will pray for you and your family ((((HUGS))))

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:01am
post #18 of 26

I'm sending you love and a great big hugging hold and a shoulder to lean on.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:09am
post #19 of 26

My thoughts are with you. Sending some strength your way.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 5:50am
post #20 of 26

I am so, so sorry to hear of your upcoming surgery and change in life. I will pray for you and your family - but remember - when one door closes - another door opens . . . . God will provide . . .

Excellent testimony from Doug! I have several friends that were adopted or have adopted children and they all have the riches of life (and I don't mean $$).

Prayers and Hugs are sent your way . . . know that we are here for you everyday.

Suze

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 6:05am
post #21 of 26

Ohhhh I am so, so sorry... icon_sad.gif How very heartbreaking... lots of hugs and prayers to you. I am just so sorry you are having to go through this.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 6:14am
post #22 of 26

Wow, Doug, what an awesome testimony...

prterrell, please know that you will be in my thoughts. I am not too far, cake-buddy, please let me know if I can help you in any way icon_smile.gif .

Kathy

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:50pm
post #23 of 26

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Jen

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:04pm
post #24 of 26

I know you posted in a thread just a week or 2 ago how your sister has too many kids and that you hadn't been blessed with any yet. So, I know how much you want children. As others have said so eloquently before me, cry now and get it all out, take time to heal after the surgery, then look into your options. There are always children out there in need of a loving mother, and you will be a wonderful one. My prayers are with you for a swift recovery.

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:00pm
post #25 of 26

You might not be able to have kids but keep in mind that you will have your health. Many doors can open for you!! You can adopt or like my friend did she volunteers at children hospitals and she is so happy.

I have two children. I truly believe you don't have to be a mother to be truly happy.

Don't give up and look at the possibilities.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:51pm
post #26 of 26

(((((((hugs)))))))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%