Cheap Cupcake Wrappers

Decorating By carmenid Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 9:39pm by carmenid

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there,

I am shopping around for filigree cupcake wrappers for my wedding cupcake tower. I need about 200 of them and I am looking into paying 50 to 75 cents per wrap. Any suggestions?

Carmen

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 7

Only way I see you can get them that cheap is to make them yourself.

Good Luck

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 7

for a cheap cupcake wrapper I use a small doillie. cut the doillie to the centre.. cut out the small circle, measure your cupcake using the cut doillie, and tape in place to fit your cupcake.. I hope I did not confuse you... If search for cupcake wrapper made from a doillie, you should be able to find it here on CC.. hope this helps...

PaperOrchid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaperOrchid Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 7

Have you checked www.PaperOrchid.com? They have a sale right now for $10 off your purchase of $100 or more.

Good luck!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 7

You can get white doilies at the Dollar tree. There's a pattern in the galleries to make your own wrappers, or you can just cut one and figure out the size that way. Then use double sticky tape to stick them together. It sounds like it's really time-consuming but it's actually not that bad.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 7

if you want to go the diy route try these
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/10/22/make-your-own-cupcake-wrappers/
http://domesticgoddessadventures.blogspot.com/2009/08/cute-cupcake-wrappers.html
unfortunatly these things are just expensive to buy. i think if you have things like the cricut machine you could make them fancier, like with filigree, im sure that has been discussed on here before.... maybe!
xx

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 7

Are the doilies made of plastic?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%