4 Cake Base

Decorating By bfunk3143 Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 9:15pm by HamSquad

bfunk3143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfunk3143 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 2

I am trying to find out if there is an actual name for the procedure to do- for example 4 5" round cakes for the base with one 12" round cake on top. I want to look up more information but can't find anything. It's for valentines so I'm thinking of possibly using maybe cake pans that look like daisy's for bottom and top or daisy's on the bottom and a heart cake on top.. I have an order for a Valentine/Anniversary cake and don't want to do another RED/Pink heart cake. I've gotten some great ideas for decorating but want to do something different with the layering as well.

1 reply
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 2

Hello there!
I'm from the "Wilton Era" (LOL). those cake used to be called Lady Windermeres, my spelling may be off for Windermere? I love those types of cake . Made one a couple of years ago-Castle Wedding Cake in Peach. Used old Wilton books and looked on line. HTH. Best wishes and Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%