Help With A Template For A Nurses Cap

Decorating By ConnieSue Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 5:59pm by lecrn

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 12:45am
post #1 of 10

I know there are some on CC but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone help? I need to make it tonight icon_redface.gif

9 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 10

Hi, I haven't seen any on CC. but I found this on google. I don't know whether its any good.

http://z.about.com/d/sewing/1/0/A/2/nurseha.gif

ConnieSue Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks! I didn't even think about google!

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 10

When I made mine, I just played around with paper first until I got it the size and shape that I wanted, and then I used it as a template. I started with a triangle shape. Bringing the points all together in the back then, I added the brim as a separate long narrow trapezoid. I made it out of MMF stuffed the hat with a paper towel and glued them together with water.

HTH!

~Mindy

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 10

I made a cake with a nurse cap on top. I used this picture for pattern. HTH
LL

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 4:29am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieSue

I know there are some on CC but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone help? I need to make it tonight icon_redface.gif

ConnieSue, how did your Nurse's Cap turn out? I couldn't find it in your photos. Or did you not make it because you needed to use it the next day, and there wouldn't have been enough dry time?

I need to do a cake with a nurse's cap next month, so any advice you can give would be great!

Thanks!!!

ConnieSue Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 10

I did not make the nurses cap, but I would still like to! If you do make one, please post pics!

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 10

I'm a nurse, and I enjoy seeing the discussion on caps. Of course, no one has worn a cap for many years, thank God!!!!! I think their appropriate place is on top of a cake - not on top of a professional's head!!! I do enjoy seeing them here on this site. Thanks for sharing!

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 10

I was specifically asked to do a nurse's cap - for a nursing grad. She did wear her cap - for the grad and a few pictures. So, the cap (replica) goes on the celebration cake.

Fondant or Gumpaste? Any suggestions?

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

I'm a nurse, and I enjoy seeing the discussion on caps. Of course, no one has worn a cap for many years, thank God!!!!! I think their appropriate place is on top of a cake - not on top of a professional's head!!! I do enjoy seeing them here on this site. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, thank God we don't have to wear those things anymore. However, some of the more experienced nurses do still wear their hats esp in hospitals and nursing homes. My mom's also a nurse. She always wore her white (starched) dress, white support hose, and cap for years.
It's great to be so comfortable in scrubs, but no one can really distinguish between an RN and another medical professionalicon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%