Cookies In Your Cake Filling?

Baking By Kritter1217 Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 7:36pm by djs328

Kritter1217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kritter1217 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All!

Ive made 2 9x12 devils food-peanut butter chip spiked-sheet cakes that i am filling tonight. Id like to fill the cake with peanut butter filling on both sides, sprinkle crushed tag a log girl scout cookies in the center, so that when joined the entire cake will be cake, frosting, (thin layer) cookies, frosting cake. The Cake is scheduled to be served tomorrow night.

Will my cookie concoction turn out to be a sad soggy mess? Is there anything I can do to treat the cookies prior to filling that would allow their texture to remain intact?

Any input on this matter is much appreciated.

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 9

The cookies will soften from the moisture in the icing. Not sure what to do to keep that from happening.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 9

Just fill the cakes at the last possible moment so that as much crispy-ness as possible will be spared.

As ^^ said above, there's not much you can do to prevent that.

Kritter1217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kritter1217 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 9

thanks for your input. im thinking i might as well forgo the cookies if they are going to be a soggy mess. It was totally a good idea though.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 9

That's not to say you shouldn't do it.

I have an order for cookies 'n cream cake for Satuday. There is an oreo cookie vanilla buttercream filling. I haven't had complaints about it yet.

And I don't think it's goign to be a soggy mess...it just won't be AS crunchy

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 9

Crumbling the cookies into the icing might help to mask the sogginess.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 9

i make the wbh cookies and cream filling alot. it is really delicous.. and stable.. but yes, the cookies get soft . not crunchie.. everyone loves it.. hth

Sara789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara789 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 9

For future reference - You can always dip the cookies in chocolate to give them a protective coating against moisture.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:36pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara789

For future reference - You can always dip the cookies in chocolate to give them a protective coating against moisture.

Ditto....I do a lot of whipped cream icing, and I use chocolate as a barrier a lot for any decos I am doing. And who doesn't love more chocolate? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%