Help! Cake Is Sticking To The Parchment Paper While Cooling

Decorating By SweetTater Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 9:38pm by SweetTater

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a 13x9 cake with 3 layers and am having trouble with the cake sticking to the parchment paper while it is cooling. Here's what I do: After the cake has baked I put it on the cooling rack for 10 minutes to cool and then I flip it over onto a large cutting board covered with parchment paper to finish cooling out of the pan. When it is time to layer the cakes, I'm having trouble with the parchment paper pulling off the top layer of my cake as I try to carefully peel it off. Should I use wax paper instead? I only have one 13 x 9 pan, so I have to bake them one after the other. I can always put that 1st layer on the cake board, but for the 2nd & 3rd layers, I must move them around. TIA for your help!!

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 3

The reason the cake is sticking is that condensation is forming, gluing the paper and cake togther. You should turn the cake out of the pan onto the cooling rack (hint: spray cooling rack with PAM to prevent cake from sticking to it) NOT a cutting board. You want the air to be able to circulate completely around the cake, which is why the cooling rack was desinged.

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much! I will try that. I have turned them out onto cooling racks before but had the same problem with them sticking...but I wasn't using PAM...DUH! icon_surprised.gif Good idea!!! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%