Quick Books Vs Cakeboss And Turntables??

Business By LuvLyrics Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 7:29pm by pattycakesnj

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, has anyone used both, cakeboss and quickbooks, and in your opinion which one is easier to use in our business? I know cost control and how to cost out a recepie but it seems for cakes it's different. I am starting a small business but I think I am not charging enough. Any experience you can share will be greatly appreciated...

Also I want to buy a turntable in a comfortable zise that will allow me to decorate small cakes and big a like. do you use one table for all your work, or would you recomend different size and shapes, right now I've been working without one becuase I want to make sure to invest in the right one.

Thank you
Anna

3 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 4

I have Cake Boss. I like it, but I have wondered about getting QuickBooks just for all accounting purposes. I think Cake Boss is a very easy program to use and you can get up and running in no time. Also, they are incredibly fast with any questions you have on it. It's a good program to use.

For the turntable, I had Wilton's. It sucks. I only use it to lock it in place and then set my real turntable on it for extra height. I recently bought a very inexpensive turntable at our local cake decorating supply store. It was $8.00 made by Fat Daddios. It doesn't have anything fancy about it. It doesn't lock in place, and it's not tall, so I always have to put additonal things like my sucky Wilton one underneath it to get it to a better height to work on, but it turns smooth as silk. No hiccups. No catching. For what I paid for it, it's wonderful. Someday, hopefully soon, I'm gonna get one of the heavy bottomed taller Fat Daddios turntables, but they cost about $60.00, so can't budget for that right now.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 4

I use quickbooks. Actually I wanted to get cakeboss, but since we already owned quickbooks and I had spent a billion dollars already, my DH talked me into trying quickbooks. I think it works well for me. but I can't say what I would like better since I havent tried cakeboss.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

I love Cakeboss, easy to use and very helpful to stay organized with customers, expenses, pricing etc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%