Alphabet Script Tappits

Decorating By jolie1977 Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 8:44pm by sugarMomma

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 4

I've been meaning to purchase Alphabet Script "cutters" and have a question for those of you who use them... is there a certain type of cutter that's better than another? The type I've found so far are called "tappits" but I seem to remember hearing somewhere that "tappits" are hard to use when it comes time to remove the gumpaste from "tappit"... I just LOVE the look of those Alphabet Script lettering, but want to make sure I invest in the "right" tools...

If anyone could shed some light on this subject, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 4

love Tappits! Just make sure your gumpaste/fondant is really *really* thin and a little dry. Press on the Tappit and then ** tap it**!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 4

I just used my tappits I bought last summer at ICES for the first time this weekend. I loved them and will be using them on other cakes that is for sure. I did use the script capital letters with fondant that had gum tex in it.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 4

I love tappits also, but most cutters that I have work about the same. Watching Tonedna's Youtube video about using them was a big help too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%