I Have To Brag Big Time Here

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 3:20am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:38am
post #1 of 39

My 10 year old grand daughter is making gorgeous bc roses!!
LL

38 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:45am
post #2 of 39

is something wrong with the pic? it's all pixely!

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:00am
post #3 of 39

try again
LL

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:02am
post #4 of 39

there it is better hehe........is that not good for a ten year old????? Only her second lesson too! : icon_smile.gif

cupcakeenvy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeenvy Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:12am
post #5 of 39

Her rose is brilliant!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:15am
post #6 of 39

Wow!! Better than mine!! I suck at BC icon_sad.gif

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:17am
post #7 of 39

oh she will be so tickled to read all these wonderful comments, thank you all so much.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:21am
post #8 of 39

Madge the rose is absolutely beautiful. I think she is going to be one heck of a cake decorator thumbs_up.gif

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:33am
post #9 of 39

She says she is going to be a cake decorator when she grows up, and she really is good already. Her first cake she bakes came out perfect, with no leveling or trimming needed, it was amazing. icon_smile.gif Can you tell her Nanna is proud lol?

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #10 of 39

here she is.........
LL

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #11 of 39

It's so awesome when kids do great things!! You must be a good teacher too. My grandma bought me an aluminum gingerbread man pan when I was about 12 and that started it all for me. Been decorating ever since. Funny thing is the only thing my grandmother knew how to make was reservations icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:34am
post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanJess

It's so awesome when kids do great things!! You must be a good teacher too. My grandma bought me an aluminum gingerbread man pan when I was about 12 and that started it all for me. Been decorating ever since. Funny thing is the only thing my grandmother knew how to make was reservations icon_lol.gif

Thats such a cute story.....I hope she continues to learn...she is very good. and I am so happy to work with her. Thanks

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:39am
post #13 of 39

Watch out Nanna! I see the "Cake" gleam in those big pretty eyes of your grand daughter. Looks like the cake bug has bitten her.........hehehe! If her beautiful roses are an indication of her skill, looks like you are going to have an apprentice on your hands. Must be in the genes! Happy baking to you both. icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:42am
post #14 of 39

she is georgeous! looking forward to seeing her creations icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:46am
post #15 of 39

I know she will be better than me in a very short time. She is wonderful....makes me so happy. I am so lucky!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 4:42am
post #16 of 39

Now that is awesome I can see why you would be proud. She has done a great job icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:11am
post #17 of 39

Thanks so much! She will be so thrilled, and be given real encouragement to continue when she reads these wonderful comments. Thanks for taking the time.

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:15am
post #18 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

Watch out Nanna! I see the "Cake" gleam in those big pretty eyes of your grand daughter. Looks like the cake bug has bitten her.........hehehe! If her beautiful roses are an indication of her skill, looks like you are going to have an apprentice on your hands. Must be in the genes! Happy baking to you both. icon_smile.gif

icon_smile.gif

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:35am
post #19 of 39

if she ever shows an interest in working with fondant...i highly recommend encouraging her to take any type of sculpting class. After my baby sister started watching me work with fondant, she started taking classes at the local youth community center and for her art class in middle school and high school...it helps ALOT! I am proud today to say she has quickly begun to surpass me in her skills

good luck to your little apprentice, she's showing true skills already!

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:38am
post #20 of 39

Lots of talent there. She really did an awesome job on her roses. She must be a quick learner. It took me quite a while to come up with something that even resembled a rose.

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:40am
post #21 of 39

She has played a little with fondant....but I didn't want her to get frustrated, so I been holding off on it, but she called today and said she wanted to come after school and work with fondant haha, so we will see....thats a great idea....wish I could get a class with clay too

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:46am
post #22 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyrconnect

Lots of talent there. She really did an awesome job on her roses. She must be a quick learner. It took me quite a while to come up with something that even resembled a rose.

I know, I am self taught and it took me a long time to get it right....she amazes me. thumbs_up.gif

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:11am
post #23 of 39

actually you may be able to take one with her, check community centers and colleges in your area...i took one not to long ago and it was very affordable, i think like 40 bucks. sometimes the high schools even have after school classes for adults...i think its called adult education classes most of them you can do with her as something for you to do together. good luck to you.

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:35am
post #24 of 39

WOW nice job

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:42pm
post #25 of 39

She's a cutie pie, and her roses are terrific! thumbs_up.gif

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #26 of 39

Could she please give me lessons? Pretty please? I'll make any flower but a rose. Roses and I just don't get along! icon_cry.gif

madgeowens Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:17pm
post #27 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS385Monte

Could she please give me lessons? Pretty please? I'll make any flower but a rose. Roses and I just don't get along! icon_cry.gif

Thats the way I felt about them a year ago lol

LateBloomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LateBloomer Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:47pm
post #28 of 39

Beautiful! Can I come for lessons!

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #29 of 39

What a wonderful way to spend time with your g'daughter! These are days you'll both remember...my great-aunt Merle was the best baker I've ever known. She was so inspiring to me. She's been gone for many years, but I think about her EVERY time I turn my oven on! What she taught me and passed on to me is priceless. You're doing the same for your precious g'daughter!

madgeowens Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:25am
post #30 of 39

wow Sassy that was beautiful, thank you. Latebloomer sure, you have a long way to go though lol....thanks to everyone for such nice posts. She is a little sweetheart and I know just how blessed I am to have her, and I love that I get this time with her. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%