Tutorial Needed

Decorating By SUUMEME Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 1:05am by cakeladyatLA

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a person running across a finish line. I am thinking making her out of gumpaste would be best. I imagine she will need a skewer or toothpick in her for support. Does anyone have a picture of something like this? I am curious on how to attach the arms.

5 replies
bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 6

I have done this before....let me go find a picture and I'll upload it for you. It's not the greatest, but it might help. Also, have you searched for one on here or google? I remember when I was looking for ideas for this I found one I used for ideas. I really don't know if I remember how I did it, but I'll see if I can help you.

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 6

yeah, I've look on here, and youtube and google, and I can't find what I am looking for. I need a runner made of fondant. I never thought it would be this difficult to find, I swear I see them all the time when I'm not looking for it. Thanks for your help!

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #4 of 6

I am pretty sure that picture was lost in the hard drive crash of '09! I have looked through everything I can find (even old web site, facebook, etc.) and have had no luck! I can vividly remember the picture I used for inspiration. I will continue to look for it for you!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:46am
post #5 of 6

Flickr has alot of figures

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:05am
post #6 of 6

There is a tutorial here on how to make this, they make a hello kitty and tells you how to support her as well, just look for your picture then follow those instructions, HTH

Patty*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%