Oval Cake To Serve 250?

Decorating By jen1977 Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 2:44pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 5

I have a bride wanting anoval shaped cake to serve 250. Wiltons set serves less than 200 when all 4 pans are used. Does anyone know it it's possible to do an oval this large? Thanks!

4 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 5

What if you make the bottom tier double height?

charlene008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlene008 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 5

What I would suggest is make the wedding cake as wanted but have additional sheet cakes for cutting purposes only. It keeps the cost of the wedding cake down for the bride and they can still have a nice looking cake without you trying to make it super large to feed everyone. This has worked well for me in the past and the bride appreciates the cost adjustment. I have "scored" the cake into the slices and put a rose bud on each piece so that everyone that got a piece from the sheet cake still had a pretty piece of cake and they didn't care that it wasn't from the wedding cake itself. Plus the servers can have it already cut and ready for serving while the bride and groom can enjoy their cake longer and do their servin to each other , etc, etc, etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5

The middle tier as a double barrel would look amazing!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 5

You could also make the bottom tier a square or rectangle.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1270286

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1364913

I know a saw a pic of a cake with the double tier the other day, but of course I cannot find it now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%