Cookie Convention/cruise/whatever?

Baking By JustDlishCookie Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 8:32pm by nesweetcake

JustDlishCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustDlishCookie Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 19

My Cookie Friend and I are searching for a cookie getaway. Does anyone know of a cookie conference, seminar, cruise, convention, whatever? We would love to chat with fellow cookie enthusiasts, learn new techniques, see demos, check out vendors, etc. Any ideas?

18 replies
globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:11am
post #2 of 19

That's a great idea and would be so much fun. I'm in, maybe even host it in my facility if we could get the educators. Although coming to Omaha, Ne probably wouldn't be as much fun as a cruise icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 19

It seems to me that I have seen cruises something like that advertised before in the pages of Southern Living magazine. Maybe give that a look!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 19

There is a National Cookie Cutter Collectors Club, and several State level Clubs. They do sooooooo much more than collect cutters, although, that in itself is great fun~! I was active in the California Club for many years. They have Conventions, and have one in 2010. Go to the website for information... www.frankencutters.com/cccc
hth..

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

That's a great idea and would be so much fun. I'm in, maybe even host it in my facility if we could get the educators. Although coming to Omaha, Ne probably wouldn't be as much fun as a cruise icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Ohhhhh, what fun! You'd be a great host, and I'd be happy to help! (Maybe all our warm weather friends would actually enjoy seeing 10 foot mountains of snow in the parking lot!)

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 19

can someone do that in alberta icon_sad.gif

globalgatherings Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #7 of 19

Gemini, we should put put a plan together for this, it would be really fun. I am a great hostess and you are the "Cookie Queen" People would love to learn your techniques. I've already started putting some ideas together. I'm really busy this week thru Sat. but maybe we could meet up next week.

So what do you say aspiring cookie artists out there, would you be interested in "cruising" on in to Omaha, Nebraska for possibly a 2 day event to learn all about cookies and decorating???

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 1:23am
post #8 of 19

I would love too, but that far is out of my budget lol... FLY HERE!!!!

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:17am
post #9 of 19

I would be interested if it is in spring or summer( I hate the cold) and if GeminiRJ is there!!!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:30am
post #10 of 19

I would be interested, if, as Amifsud said, it is during warm weather, don't want to make the drive in the winter icon_surprised.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:35pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Gemini, we should put put a plan together for this, it would be really fun. I am a great hostess and you are the "Cookie Queen" People would love to learn your techniques. I've already started putting some ideas together. I'm really busy this week thru Sat. but maybe we could meet up next week.

So what do you say aspiring cookie artists out there, would you be interested in "cruising" on in to Omaha, Nebraska for possibly a 2 day event to learn all about cookies and decorating???

What fun! If we planned this for warmer weather, it would give plenty of time to come up with something spectacular. I know you have the skills to pull this together, and I'd be thrilled to help as much as you wanted.

globalgatherings Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:24pm
post #12 of 19

Well, for sure Gemini would have to do all the classes or if someone else wants to come in and teach, you guys could split it up. You've seen my place so I think I have all the supplies we need and of course I would want to cook everyone complimentary breakfast and lunch, cuz you know that's what I do!! Not such a great cookie decorator, but a pretty good cook and party planner. I definitely want to make it affordable for everyone due to the fact that they're obviously going to have plenty of expense on travel and lodging. After Gemini and I get together and figure out the details, we'll give you the info; but we do still need to see if some more people are interested, so if you think this is appealing, please let us know.

O yea and definitely warmer weather for sure thumbs_up.gif

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:36pm
post #13 of 19

Can't we do it somewhere like the Carribean?? Actually, it would be fun to visit other places in the country. I may be interested if the cost isn't too much.

BTW, hi Gemini! it's Andovercookiemama from Flickr! (disguised as Peeverly!)

GeminiRJ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeverly

BTW, hi Gemini! it's Andovercookiemama from Flickr! (disguised as Peeverly!)

TracyLH had given me your Flickr! name, so I could still see your cookies. I LOVE seeing your cookies! Your angel and eskimo cookies are favorites of mine.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:55pm
post #15 of 19

Thank you Susan, I'm a fan of your cookies as well!
I would love to meet all of you in person. That would be the best!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:33am
post #16 of 19

If you'd like to pursue the cruise idea, I'd suggest that you contact John Usher (cakecruise here on CC).

He's a wonderful travel agent and he works with Holland America so that the group gets to use the Culinary Arts Center on board the ship. He specializes in speciality cruises, so I'm certain that he could do a great job for you.

You can find contact info at cakecruise.com

HTH
Rae

staceycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceycake Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:12am
post #17 of 19

Sounds like a great idea to get everyone together for a cookie gathering. It would be wonderful to learn from those of you pros!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:39am
post #18 of 19

i'm in too! what a great way to meet all the amazing talent here

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 8:32pm
post #19 of 19

Count me in...I'm a short drive into Omaha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%