What Type Of Insurance Is Needed For A Home Based Business?

Business By Dreme Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm by Mike1394

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 3

After the inspection and the business license, whats next? Insurance? Not exactly sure what is suppose to be next. Im confused as to exactly what insurance I need for an in home bakery. So far I have seen general liabilty insurance, public liability insurance, contents insurance, and the regular business insurance. Not sure what the next step is in setting up my bussiness.

(Sorry the following is a bit off topic):
Was watching WeTV and saw someone drop a cake then talk about having a back up cake and cake insurance. I read IndyDebi's post about what cake insurance was but how is someone like me who does all the work suppose to offer that? Just saying in case down the line I have to talk with a bride about that.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 replies
agroeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agroeve Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 3

Hi i live in the uk so dont know if the same applies to you.

I work from home in a separate kitchen built onto my home. My home contents insurance was informed and went up a bit but i had to take out separate insurance to cover for Eg food poisening or someone falling and hurting thierselves on my property. I used Axa Insurance for my public and product liability insurance and i am covered for £1 million.


Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 3

Hmmmm insurance agent?????


Quote by @%username% on %date%