3 Hrs Without A Cig....

Lounge By CakeMommyTX Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 8:12pm by misserica

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:38am
post #31 of 34

Right you are Mensch.
I've preached to my children a hundred times - never take that first cigarette. If you never smoke that first one, you will never be addicted.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:56pm
post #32 of 34

With this addiction, even a little progress is great! And healthwise, it makes a huge difference too! Keep strong!

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:25pm
post #33 of 34

Keep at it, don't give up, you're down to half a pack a day now strive for 1/4 pack a day, then stop. If you need some meds to help you do that, go see your doc and do it. Don't give up!
I smoke, I've smoked since age 13 and cannot seem to quit no matter how many times I try. I've done the patch, gum, pills and none of them have worked for me so I keep on smoking even though I know its ruining my health. Parts of my lungs look just like the photo's that prterrell posted and I still smoke even though I know they do look like that.

You quit to nurse your babies so you truly can do this again. You're ten steps ahead of smokers like me because you were able to quit for that long. THINK about running around and playing with your children & enjoying their favorite sports with them, getting involved in all the activies that will come along as they get older not too mention enjoying activities with your whole family. You won't be able to do that if you continue smoking.

I cannot do any of that fun stuff with my grandchildren anymore as I have COPD from smoking for so many years. In my case the COPD is empysema. Walking up stairs in my own house is not easy, walking to the corner store and back is exausting, everyday household chores are exausting and many days just getting up out of bed is exausting too. Doing any outdoor activities with my DH is almost impossible now so most times I stay home and he goes by himself or with a friend.

Think about what I'm saying as this could easily be you if you don't stop..

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:12pm
post #34 of 34

CakeMommy, congratulations for starting the process. It is hard! My parents both smoke and I thought it was gross growing up. Then one day I started and never really stopped. I quit in September, the 24th actually. I have not purchased a pack of cigarettes since. I will smoke if I feel the desire (grab one from my mom or dad) but I do not feel like I have to have them the way I used to. I stopped cold turkey, one day I just did not go out to buy cigarettes.

I wish you luck! It is not easy and I know no matter how bad you know it is for you, you sometimes just cant quit! Stay strong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%