Just A Quick Question...

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 26 Aug 2005 , 1:17pm by talmas

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 3

I'm looking at buying a new set of cookware and I was wondering something. What is the difference between the teflon coated cookware and the "anodized" cookware? I've never heard of anodized...what does it mean? TIA. icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 3
talmas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talmas Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 3

Anodized definition - An "anode" is the positive end of an electrical circuit. In the anodization process, a metal object is placed in an acid bath and an electrical current is passed through the tank. The process causes oxygen atoms to bond to the surface of the metal giving it a thin protective film and a lustrous sheen. Aluminum, magnesium, titanium, and tantalum are often anodized.

This has some good info

Quote by @%username% on %date%