Airbrushing Questions??

Decorating By ikklejo Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 12:45pm by Kiddiekakes

ikklejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ikklejo Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 6

Ive seen alot of results from airbrushing and think it looks fab!! I know nothing about it tho and wondered if anyone uses this technique and roughly what you have to do? The pic which I have attached is one I have seen as the results from airbrushing and really want to make this!! I have seen them for sale and before I spend that much money I just wanted some opinions icon_smile.gif

Thanks guys!
LL
LL

5 replies
ikklejo Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 6

sorry pic has uploaded twice not sure why!!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:30am
post #3 of 6

This just looks like a straight-forward air-brushed cake. The creator used a pearl shimmer airbrush color. Not sure what you mean by technique. Its pretty easy to do.

ikklejo Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:28am
post #4 of 6

So do you mean there is just a colour you buy and using the gun u spray and this is the result?

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 6

Yes. I use the pearl shimmer by Bakery Craft. There is also one by Lucks. They have lots of colors besides the pearl, too. They all have the pearly effect but the base colors are all different.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 6

Robinscakes is correct! Many companies including Americolor now put out shimmer colors to get this effect.The one in the picture is Pearl sheen.They come in several other colors like red,blue,gold,bronze,copper,silver,green,purple etc.You spray them on the fondant to get the pearl effect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%