For Those Renting Kitchens...

Business By victoria7310 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 2:57am by SpringFlour

victoria7310 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoria7310 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 2


I have been lurking here for months and love this site, it is addictive! But the time has come to stop lurking and post... Hello!

I have a question about renting kitchen space. I am in NJ, where you can not get a home license, so am looking into how I can start a legal business. If you rent a kitchen, can you just do the baking etc there and do the actual decorating at home, or do you have to do everything including making flowers and figurines etc in the licensed kitchen?

I have no clue how to get started!

Thanks for the advice.

1 reply
SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 2:57am
post #2 of 2

You'll have to check with your local licensing agency, but usually if you are not allowed to have a home bakery, you aren't supposed to manufacture ANY of the cake at home. You have to do all the work in the licensed kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%