This Has Been Bugging Me, And I Cant Say Nothing(Long)

Lounge By motherofgrace Updated 2 Jan 2010 , 2:08am by JanH

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 1:34am
post #31 of 62

I will weigh in on this on several points.

First- give everyone a break. Not everyone has learned to express themselves well in the written format. Think the best of everyone. I teach and I understand that parents are short on time and multitasking. I try to think the best of all the communication I have with them. I received a message from a parent that on the surface read as critical and RUDE. I composed a response and my principal said I shouldn't send it because it was too nice! I sent it anyway. The result was-he had legitimate questions that I completely explained and he had no intention to be rude or critical. He is one of the most complimentary and involved parents ever! So, don't jump to conclusions. Some people can not express themselves well in print.

Second-in school not everyone is blowing rainbows up kids a****. My little ones complain that "it's not fair" and I explain-school is not fair, because life is not fair-period. I tell them I will not accept this work because it is not YOUR personal best, maybe the kid next to you can only do this amount of work, but you do your best-not what someone else can do.

Lastly, everyone has their own opinion. Accept that they are expressing their opinion and leave it at that. They have no more power to delve into the universal truth than you do. My daughter told me at age 8-They have the right to their opinion no matter how stupid it is. I learned at lot from that. Sometimes hearing the opposite opinion allows you to see your choice clearer. Be grateful for that.

In closing, there are different learned ways of dealing with people according to the area where you were brought up. Where I grew up-northern NJ. (think NJ housewives) we were really in your face blunt. I understand that. I respect the-tell it as you see it attitude! My cousins
were brought up in the south. Polite, but maybe not so honest. Okay- they did say some unkind things but always ended with "bless their little hearts".

In short, have a sense of humor for Pete's Sake.
And have a Happy New Year.

And if you have actually read this whole thing-pm me and I'll send you a trophy-you deserve it!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 1:39am
post #32 of 62

J-a-m-i-e....not Jaime. I hate it when the engravers do that to my name, funcakes. Lol....Happy New Year everybody!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:38am
post #33 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey

totally agree...especially the part about stroking/sugar coating.

Oh that just sounds so wrong tapedshut.gif but so sweet. icon_wink.gif

HA!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:11am
post #34 of 62

As I pointed out in a recent post:
If one only wants people to agree, then send it to like-minded people in a PM, not post it out on the forums where someone may disagree.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:22pm
post #35 of 62

Has the OP responded?

Mike

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:24pm
post #36 of 62

Personally I havent seen or noticed in any of the threads that I have read since joining cc a rude comment ! What I see and read is honest opinons and I am personally glad to see them it is nice to be able to come to a place and get straight answers to questions, or constructive critisim. I love this site and feel like I could come here and get unbiast opinions about cakes or anything else. BTW I have gotten lots of good advice and gotten quick and helpful responses to questions. I am in now way a pro this is a hobby for me and I love it and since joing CC I have learned so much and hope to continue to learn new techniques thanks to all the CC's

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 6:52pm
post #37 of 62

No I hadnt responded, cuz I see people points, I think its just this one particular person, that keeps rubbing me the wrong way.
its not that they are being critical, or voicing thier opinions, its seems that they are looking for a fight.

Usually I dont let what is written on the internet bother me, so maybe I was just having a bad day.

Sorry for bringing this up. I should have kept my vent to myself.

I hope they close this thread soon.

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 6:58pm
post #38 of 62

Pm JanH, and she'll lock it for you.

motherofgrace Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:03pm
post #39 of 62

thanks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:05pm
post #40 of 62

Close the thread? icon_confused.gif

No one has used profanity, no one has gotten "really mean" with anyone, religion or politics hasn't been brought up. So far, it's a pretty nice exchange of ideas and opinions.

This is exactly what I was trying to illustrate ..... one or two people (minority of posters in the thread?) read a thread and for some reason find it so bad they think it should be shut down and the rest of us (majority of posters in the thread?) are standing back going "What? What? What happen'd?" icon_confused.gif

What is the criteria for shutting down a thread? I mean, I thought it had to get BAD before that happened? icon_confused.gif

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:19pm
post #41 of 62

My understanding is that the OP can request the shutting down of a thread.

_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:24pm
post #42 of 62

Hey Sweet, just be a lurker. Life on CC would probably be a lot easier for you.

_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:27pm
post #43 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

What is the criteria for shutting down a thread

The criteria you ask? Why it should be as plain as day in this instance.

The OP didn't get the pats on the back and kitty hugs she was expecting. icon_rolleyes.gif

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:32pm
post #44 of 62

I have a bear and a bunny...
ImageImage

_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:39pm
post #45 of 62

And here's the cat. Hug it. Get on with life.
LL

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:53pm
post #46 of 62

OMG Jamie.......I love cats but that's just wrong on so many levels.....not cute and cuddly at all. icon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 7:58pm
post #47 of 62

OMG!!! Jamie, Jamie, Jamie!

_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 8:03pm
post #48 of 62

Well...the kitty is sad. Someone told him his buttercream was less than perfect. He just needs a hug.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 8:06pm
post #49 of 62

icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 8:06pm
post #50 of 62

motherofgrace Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:35pm
post #51 of 62

obviously no one read my last post. And Im editing this one because I know Im not alone in this. And I have been getting PM's about people just as upset as I am wit hthis same person. So everyone get freak out at me, and pretend that this out right rudeness doesnt exist, or that its because Im young (which I think is a crock, because in life, or written word I would never treat people like this person does)

You have all made your point, all 4 pages of it.

Gold star for you.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:43pm
post #52 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

obviously no one read my last post. And Im editing this one because I know Im not alone in this. And I have been getting PM's about people just as upset as I am wit hthis same person. So everyone get freak out at me, and pretend that this out right rudeness doesnt exist, or that its because Im young (which I think is a crock, because in life, or written word I would never treat people like this person does)

You have all made your point, all 4 pages of it.

Gold star for you.

I don't know who you mean specifically, but there are definitely people on CC who just seem to try to pick fights and provoke people. However, if we know that, then just ignore them. They're called trolls and are well-known on every internet forum from here to eternity.

And that is the nastiest mange cat I've ever seen. WOW! icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #53 of 62

I can't believe you're allowing one person on a public internet forum to upset you......you know you're giving this person exactly what they want right?

Just ignore him/her because they're not going away they've been a member for years.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:06pm
post #54 of 62

Its like school kidlets......

Some kids scale the highest tree
Some kids sit and watch
Some kids read a book
Some kids kick a ball

but....... there is always at least ONE kid who goes running to the teacher!!

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:10pm
post #55 of 62

"Ugly Bat Boy" (Uggs).

Uggs lives in a US veterinary hospital for his owner refused to take him, regarding him the ugliest cat. He has become somewhat of a center of attraction in New Hampshire.

His physical appearance to be described is a real mess. His upper body is covered in a mesh of hair but the rest of his body is hairless and hard. The most probable reason for this maybe genetic fault. His tail is lean and rat-like while his face is a chaos of wrinkles.

He is now cared by Vet Dr. Stephen Barrett who felt touched for him after his owner abandoned him.

Deb_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:22pm
post #56 of 62

Is that a true story 7?

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:46pm
post #57 of 62

Sweetheart:
Yes, I read your previous post and I read all your posts on this thread. I hope that you can see that the intent of the posts are not to "freak out" on you, but to affirm that you should not take the rude posts personally, as a few posters are just plain rude and not just to you but to everyone they reply to.
If they mean it as hurtful-phooey on them-ignore their words-for shame
If it just came out wrong-forgive them they didn't have Doug as their Language Arts teacher.

The reality is you can not changes anyone's behavior. You can only change your attitude toward their behavior. We are trying to help each other see ways to respond to what is posted here.

You started a great discussion, and in all the posts I read here I felt people were talking in general not criticizing you for your feelings or denying that you have had rude replies. You have a right to feel hurt and angry after a rude response, we are just trying to help cc members find ways to deal with it, because we can not change it as long as we encourage a free exchange of ideas.

It is difficult for me to see the dozen compliments, I seem to dwell on the one criticism. It is up to me to change that and I still work hard on it. Maybe this is the way you react too?

motherofgrace Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:53pm
post #58 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcakes

Sweetheart:
Yes, I read your previous post and I read all your posts on this thread. I hope that you can see that the intent of the posts are not to "freak out" on you, but to affirm that you should not take the rude posts personally, as a few posters are just plain rude and not just to you but to everyone they reply to.
If they mean it as hurtful-phooey on them-ignore their words-for shame
If it just came out wrong-forgive them they didn't have Doug as their Language Arts teacher.

The reality is you can not changes anyone's behavior. You can only change your attitude toward their behavior. We are trying to help each other see ways to respond to what is posted here.

You started a great discussion, and in all the posts I read here I felt people were talking in general not criticizing you for your feelings or denying that you have had rude replies. You have a right to feel hurt and angry after a rude response, we are just trying to help cc members find ways to deal with it, because we can not change it as long as we encourage a free exchange of ideas.

It is difficult for me to see the dozen compliments, I seem to dwell on the one criticism. It is up to me to change that and I still work hard on it. Maybe this is the way you react too?

Yes your right, I do tend to dwell on 1 rude person, Im a very sensitive person, and even if they are not being rude to me but someone else, I feel like someone should stick up to them.

I apoligize for the way I reacted. I truly do. I hope that I can be forgiven just as much as anyone else on this site.

Everyone have a good day. icon_wink.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:04pm
post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcakes

I would posit that this is how 90%+ of us operate.

Shower us with praise and we hear only the one "but"(t)

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:23pm
post #60 of 62

dkelly, yep -
http://www.wmur.com/family/18814224/detail.html
http://wbztv.com/watercooler/pets/ugly.cat.scary.2.949524.html
TRATHAM, N.H. (WBZ) ―

His chest sports some gnarly locks, but the rest of his skin is bald and rubbery -- with a rat-like tail and a wrinkly face.

So no one should be surprised that the dominant query from visitors to the Exeter Animal Hospital in Stratham is "What the heck is that thing?"

"Ugly," says client Patti Corbin as she stands at the front desk, timidly reaching out a hand to scratch what she is describing.

"He's wearing his Halloween costume everyday," says veterinary assistant Christie Hartnett.

They are talking about an 8-year-old cat named Ugly Bat Boy -- Uggs for short -- a loveable, genetic mystery that would fit quite nicely into the Star Wars bar scene.

"He's my cat. I like him!" insists veterinarian Stephen Bassett.

"He's escaped before and kind of frightened some neighbors," the vet confesses. "Because he was running through the yard and they didn't know what he was."

Believe it or not, Ugly Bat Boy had a sister that looked just like him, but she died as a kitten, despite Bassett's extraordinary efforts to save her.

Appreciative of that, the owner gave Bassett Uggs.

The cat's favorite domain is atop the warm computers around the office -- where he routinely gets in the way -- and where a visitor recently snapped a photo and emailed it to friends. That sparked a media juggernaut which now has a national TV show trying to book a guest appearance.

"The ugly train has left the station and it's gathering steam," laughs Bassett. "Hopefully it will slow down soon."

Bassett says he is not sure yet if he wants to take Uggs on the Ellen Degeneres show.

Uggs' unique look catches so many eyes that staffers have posted flyers in the waiting room to head-off repeated questions.

It hasn't worked.

"I really wasn't at all sure what it was at first," says client Jane Winde. "But he is different -- very different," she adds, trying to be diplomatic.

The office has several other feline residents, but Uggs' Jurassic look and sweet demeanor always steal the thunder.

"I love that cat. I would take it home but Dr. Bassett won't let me," says staffer Hartnett, before adding, "He might scare my dogs, though."

Stephen Bassett says he doesn't take offense when people call Uggs ugly, and neither does the cat.

He good-naturedly plays along with all the chatter, but it's pretty obvious how he feels.

"There are people who say he's ugly. But it's all in the eyes of the beholder." says the vet. "He looks pretty nice to me."

By this time, Uggs has retreated to a computer top where he has begun to groom himself.

That job might be a little bit more than any tongue can handle.

(© MMX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%