Hard Candy Suckers

Sugar Work By Elserj Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 9:23pm by KHalstead

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 7

I bought a mold that makes a ball sucker. How do I attach the two round pieces together?

Thanks.

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:50am
post #2 of 7

What does your mold look like?

Usually, the pieces clip together to make a 3D mold.

HTH

Elserj Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 7

It has a half ball with a hole for the sucker stick and then a separate half ball to fill. I assume you stick the two together, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to use to do that.

Elserj Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 7

Anyone?

Elserj Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 7

Here's what it looks like:[/img]
LL

kdrangeid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdrangeid Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 7

You pour and set each piece and then you heat the surface of both spheres and put them together. I heat up a metal spreader, hold it on each side and then hold them together until they set (which won't take long). I hope that helps! Good luck

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 7

personally (having NEVER done it) I would be inclined to pour the side without the stick...let that set up, then pop it out and pour the side with the stick and just set the already set up side on top of the unset side........would that work? Might make it mush out and you might get burned!

I just made some lollipops but I cheated lol I stuck some jolly ranchers in the bottom of some mini foil pie tins and shoved a skewer through the sides and popped them in the oven.......they're REALLy pretty though...they look like stained glass and my kids LOVED them!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%