Recommend A Cake Decorating Book

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 4:21pm by delisa01

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would tell me a new and hip cake decorating book they like or have seen. I have taken all the wilton classes and am still new to cake decorating but want a book that shows alot of neat techniques and decorations, so like a how to but not for beginners.
thanks alot
Kiley

5 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 6

I absolutely love planet cake.

Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 6

Good question! I'm definately watching for new ideas too! I like to read Colette Peters, Alan Dunn, and Debbie Brown's books.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 6

The best way to pick one is to go to the book store and just sit at a table with all of the ones that look interesting to you, and go through them to see which one has the most stuff that you're wanting to learn. You'd be surprised how many cake decorating books they have just at the regular bookstore.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

I'd recommend the Nicholas Lodge series (three books, which can be bought from between $16 and $21 each from Amazon), called The International School of (the word that goes here gets blocked, I'm not sure why, but the title isn't hard to find, and he hasn't written anything else with a similar title). For my money, these have the largest number of techniques (all well-illustrated) in one place.

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 6

This is one of my favs by Elisa Strauss:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MAQSH0/?tag=cakecentral-20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%