Space At Premium?-Cooling Racks I Love

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 22 Dec 2009 , 5:45am by JustToEatCake

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 9

If you are like me and unfortunately don't have a lot of space you might want to try the stacking cooling racks (not the sunbeam ones) these are awesome. I can get 45 cupcakes cooling in one small place. I can stack 6 high. Get the coated ones and not the stainless (I have both). If I had to use all flat cooling racks when I did the 120 cupcakes I'd have had to set them on the coffee or table or couch! Please note they are rectangle so if you only bake rounds these might not be for you, nor are they large enough to hold large rectangles but for CC and "home size" rectangles they work great.

8 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 9

do you have a link or source of where to find these racks?

My space is really limited so this may help. Thank you for sharing! icon_smile.gif

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 9

do you have a picture as well?

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 9

That is nice of you to share that info.

Jen icon_smile.gif

lmr4876 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmr4876 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 9

We had an extra crib in the closet so my husband used the side rails turned 90*and screwed end rails on with the other peices. He made it to fit my cooling racks, so that the little feet sit over the rails. I only have it 4 layers high but it could have been taller. It is really a great peice and it matches the finish in my kitchen. I know the paint is safe also. Hard to tell with everything coming from China now a days.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 9

I have stacking cooling racks, and I absolutely love them!! I got mine from Pampered Chef. If you don't know anyone that sells it, go to the website and I think you can get in touch with a rep in your area to buy them from her. I have very little counter space and would be lost without these! I have also put up to a 12" round on one and had no problem. I have the large (bigger than 12x18 I think) regular cooling racks from Wilton, and if I have a larger cake to do, I put it on that and then slide it onto the Pampered Chef cooling rack at a 90 degree angle so I can keep stacking (I hope I explained that right, lol).


P.S. I don't work for or sell Pampered Chef, just love my cooling racks! I have 7!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:07am
post #7 of 9

wilton sells them, too. i just recently bought some and i love them!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:34am
post #8 of 9

I'm sorry I never got the email notifications from this thread. Wilton does make some and you can also buy them at Walmart. Just don't buy the Sunbeam stainless ones they are smaller, about 3" shorter and very flimsy. Mine are coated wire and I got mine at Aldi they have QUALITY items when they do have them under the name Crofton, I think they are Cuisinart or Kitchenaid because I saw the same ones awhile back under one of those names.Just know too that you CAN stack them 6 high with 2 sets. I did that with cupcakes. They are really invaluable for small kitchens.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:45am
post #9 of 9

ACMoore has them on sale this week for $9.?? just FYI. Of course if you have a coupon and they aren't on sale it's a little less, like 7.00.

Quote by @%username% on %date%