Do You Prefer 2" Or 3" Deep Cake Pan And Why?

Decorating By madras650 Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 3:06am by sweettoothmom1

madras650 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madras650 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 8

Just wondering what everyone else likes. So far all I have are 3", but am pondering getting some 2".

7 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 8

I prefer 2". 3" cakepans are supposed to be torted twice to get 3 layers and that should be your entire cake layer. I think it's easier to hit the 4" standard height with baking and torting 2-2" layers.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 8

I like the 2" pans, too. It's easier to level them off to 2" if you use the pan as a guide.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I like the 2" pans, too. It's easier to level them off to 2" if you use the pan as a guide.

i do this too...makes em flat as a fritter!
this is why i like 2 inch pans too.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 8

2" because I add filling in between each layer and it's already too tall as it is (but I use that as a selling point). The 3" is just too much cake and throws off my servings and pricing...because the tiers end up being much taller with the filling.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 8

2" they bake faster,and more even.

Mike

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:44am
post #7 of 8

ok, I am the odd ball... icon_lol.gif I love the 3" pans. I fill them with batter only slightly more than you would a 2" pan. It bakes more evenly and no humps.. My pans are Magic Line, and I bake mostly scratch.. As they say.... different strokes.. icon_lol.gif

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:06am
post #8 of 8

i prefer the 3" cause it seems i get more close to the 2" that i need after torting. when i use the 2" pans, i'm afraid to overfill and end up not putting enough batter. any tips on that would be awesome, cause also have several 2". TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%