How Many Thanksgiving Guests?

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 2:31am by Price

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 4:16am
post #1 of 11

To those who hosted Thanksgiving dinner this year, I'm just wondering how many guests you had. I had 25. That was down a bit due to travel plans and scheduling. I love preparing a huge meal.

10 replies
Beckup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckup Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:32am
post #2 of 11

This year it was just my hubby, my baby and me. Just didn't feel like it this year. Been under the weather. But boy, did I miss it! Last year we had about 35 people over. I feel, the more the merrier! I can cook for 100 easier than I can 2. Being a military wife we always try to invite young airmen that are away from home. I really felt bad that we were unable to do that this Thanksgiving. But, Christmas is still to come!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 11

17, not including DH and I. Would have had 22, but my aunt, uncle and their children didn't come.

This was our first year hosting. icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 11

there were 22 this year at my grandmas house. Lots of laughter!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 11

We had 23 this year...we usually have more than 50 people, but most of them went to their in laws, friends or just stayed home. I love it when we don't have that many people because the kitchen is less crowded and theres less noise.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:33am
post #6 of 11

We only had 13 this year and 3 the next day.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:10am
post #7 of 11

There were 11 of us, but I made a whole Thanksgiving feast for 58 (the whole school staff) 2 days before Thanksgiving!

I wasn't tired of cooking but I was sure tired of doing dishes!

Jodie

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you guys for responding. I was just curious as to what size most people's gatherings are. I love large get-togethers. The reason we were smaller this year is because my dad died unexpectedly in September and some family who came to town then were unable to return for Thanksgiving.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:30pm
post #9 of 11

It was just the four of us this year, many have heard of my Easter drama with my MIL so I told my husband that she's not coming over for any holiday unless he does all the work and he isn't willing to. We were supposed to go to my aunt-in-law for dessert but her grandson got sick so she didnt' want anyone coming over to get it, there would have been about 30 there.

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:15am
post #10 of 11

We had 11, down from about 30, the cousins are growing up and now traveling with their significant others. I too love having a lot of family and friends for the holidays. I will say that this year was a lot calmer than years past. I hope everyone had a nice holiday and long weekend.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:31am
post #11 of 11

I had 27. If everyone would have been able to make it I would have had 39 with possiblities of boyfriends and girlfriends additionally!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%