What Is The Deal!!!

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm by __Jamie__

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:44pm
post #31 of 37

Thanks KH and Matthew...I will give both of those a try as well.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:04pm
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Try indydebi or sugarshack's recipe on this site. They are both very good.

Ditto!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:08pm
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNancyB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Try indydebi or sugarshack's recipe on this site. They are both very good.

Ditto!

i agree, both are very reliable and tasty. They will be pretty close to what most customers expect on their cake. I recently made SMBC. I liked it, my husband did not care for it. I was not crazy about the spreading consistency (maybe better if using a LOT on a decorated cake). I just used it on a box cake i made at home, because i wanted to try it. I don't think I had my butter in the fridge for long, but the SMBC had a "refrigerated" taste to it that would probably make my customers think the icing was old, but it was fresh.

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:33pm
post #34 of 37

Just a side note on the SMBC... I have found that you need to add much more flavoring than to an American BC. I usually add about 1/4 cup of flavoring to a double batch(10 egg whites, 2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 lb unsalted butter), if not a little more. Otherwise, it does taste too much like butter. HTH

manderson19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manderson19 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:54pm
post #35 of 37

If you don't have a Sam's Club nearby, maybe you can contact the manufacturer of their icing. It's made my Dawn Food Products and is actually called "But-R-Creme". I work for a Walmart Distribution Center on weekends and unload this product about once a month!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 11:26pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsapph

Just a side note on the SMBC... I have found that you need to add much more flavoring than to an American BC. I usually add about 1/4 cup of flavoring to a double batch(10 egg whites, 2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 lb unsalted butter), if not a little more. Otherwise, it does taste too much like butter. HTH

Yes!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsapph

Yes!

And of course, the colder, the more buttery it tastes as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%