Decorating By cheesecakes-galore Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 3:19pm by Mug-a-Bug

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:09am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I'm still wondering about if the 3" cake really doesn't have any filling in it at all... Really none?

The oldest bakery in my area (100 years +) has always used one solid layer of cake per tier as does one of the most popular decorators in town...she uses one solid layer of pound cake(complete with hole in centers) per tier.

That's really interesting. I've never seen that around here. I kinda' like the filling best of all - it makes the cake worth eating for me. So I'd be disappointed in a cake without filling. That puts a lot of pressure on the icing to be exquisitely good, doesn't it?!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:34pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:

I'm still wondering about if the 3" cake really doesn't have any filling in it at all... Really none?

The oldest bakery in my area (100 years +) has always used one solid layer of cake per tier as does one of the most popular decorators in town...she uses one solid layer of pound cake(complete with hole in centers) per tier.

That's really interesting. I've never seen that around here. I kinda' like the filling best of all - it makes the cake worth eating for me. So I'd be disappointed in a cake without filling. That puts a lot of pressure on the icing to be exquisitely good, doesn't it?!

icon_lol.gif or the cake to be both moist and incredibly delicious....nothing more than basic buttercream and pound cake...both elements good though...

I like filling as well and many, thinner layers of cake...

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:19pm
post #33 of 33

I haven't used SPS yet, so like I said; I'm really not the expert... BUT I've seen no reason offered by anyone that would convince me not to cut the pillars. I've read lots of other threads where others have mentioned cutting the pillars without any problem. If anyone has actually had a problem cutting the pillars I would love to hear it! icon_lol.gif Please don't feel the need to repost previous comments, as I have read the entire thread thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%