Need Marrige Counseling

Lounge By iceit4me Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 1:56am by sweetcravings

iceit4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceit4me Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 12:54am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where on the internet I can go to get free marriage counseling advice? I would really appriciate it.

6 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 7

Do you mean like written, on-line advice? Maybe Dr. Phil's web site. He's got his head on straight when it comes to marriage advice.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Been there, too.

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:25am
post #3 of 7

Sorry you are having difficulty. Not sure of your current situation but wanted to let you know I am a big fan of counseling...period. I've been in therapy for a while - although only monthly now - and my husband and I did counseling while we were working through some major issues.

If you are looking for free advice - and you don't feel the internet is sufficient, check with your church or other organizations who may offer assistance. I'm not certain if you are a religious person but if so, your clergy should be able to at least give you the name of someone who can help.

Best of luck...take one day at a time.

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #4 of 7

When my hubby and I were separated and having problems I used www.divorcebusting.com I got the book Divorce Busting and 5 Love Languages... totally saved me, my sanity, and eventually my marriage.

amazing. great advice. It really helps to get the book (amazon, Barnes and Noble, borders.. all carry it) and read it then the advise and suggestions work.

2 years back together, and I still go back and reread parts of the book and go to the site for advise and to give advice from my experiences. PM me if you need.

iceit4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceit4me Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:13am
post #5 of 7

Thanks to all who answered my request. I appriciate the all the advice. I will check out the websites. Thanks alot!!!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 7

I respect everyone's opinion, but think about the advice about Dr. Phil. He is a celebrity and does not follow any of the format of true counseling. He has a show and says and does things to fit into the hour slot and have enough drama to keep viewers. Counseling is not about drama or deciding who is wrong.
Counseling should be available to everyone. Lots of psychologists work on a sliding fee scale so that you can get the help you need. Check it out
If you want to learn about it yourself the local librarian is your next best source.
Good luck.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 1:56am
post #7 of 7

Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

I picked up a book at the book story a few weeks back and find it most interesting..perhaps it will help you. I find that it has some really good information in it, plus practical exercises you can work on in your marriage. So far it's been just me reading it, but i plan on getting my husband more involved.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/0609805797/?tag=cakecentral-20

I don't know if what your going through, but if you need to reconnect and refocus on each other this may be a good book to check out.HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%