My First Post Here...help Please!!

Lounge By oceanviewbaker Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 5:14am by oceanviewbaker

oceanviewbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanviewbaker Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:07am
post #1 of 6

Hi All,
This is my first post here so here it goes...
I`ve been asked to make a cake for a retirement party. 65 people will attend,the client asked for the company logo and the company colors are green and white.They would like 24 cupcakes so the cake could be smaller.
This company is very well known in the media so I need to be spot on! icon_cry.gif
They requested a raspberry filling.
My questions: What size should the cake be?
Raspberry filling recipe needed.
Icing needs to be company colors,any suggestions on decorating? Buttercream icing was requested.

Thank you to those of you who respond!
I`ll be anxiously awaiting your reply!!
Oceanview

5 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:26am
post #2 of 6

You should look for the recipe using the search feature, I'm sure you'll find something. Also, aren't you doing the logo of the company? why not just pipe it in BC, and do the cupcakes 12 white and 12 green to keep with teh logo colors.

HTH,

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:28am
post #3 of 6

Oceanview, let's see if we can get you some help with this cake, OK.

Question one: If you need approximate 41 more serving (plus cupcakes to equal your 65) you could do one 8"x4" tier (2-2 inch tiers) and one 10"x4" (2-2inch tiers) for 48 servings (based on serving size 1-1/2" by 2")

Question two: As far as the logo, have you ever done a Royal Icing Transfer, Chocolate Transfer, Frozen Buttercream Transfer. Here's how it works. You take a drawing/template of the logo, tape it to a cookie sheet, place a piece of wax paper or parchment paper over top of the drawing and tape it down. Using either Royal Icing, Color-Flow, melted chocolate, or buttercream (colored to specifications) Trace the template and fill in the outlines. With the Royal and Color-Flow you will have to let them dry to harden, with the chocolate you will have to let the melted chocolate become solid again, with the buttercream you will want to stick it in the freezer and let it become hard. Anyway after it becomes hard regardless of technique, you will place on the counter and slowly pull the parchment over the edge of the counter to release the parchment from the transfer. Once released, place on cake or cupcake.

Question Three: As far as your raspberry filling. You could try this recipe if you like: 1- 16 ounce Pkg frozen raspberries packed in sugar thawed, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 3 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to equal 1-1/4 cups. In large saucepan, combine liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice;mix well. Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Cool completely. Stir thawed raspberries into cooled mixture. This is for cupcake filling, but if you wanted to use for cake you could as well.

Question four: You'll probably need to double this but: Here is a recipe for the buttercream: 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 teas. clear vanilla extract, 4 cups confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons milk. In mixer, cream together shortening and butter, add vanilla, mix slowly until smooth as silk, slowly add confectioner's sugar and milk until the desired consistency is reached. For icing it should be firm but not too firm. Medium consistency. I also have a white chocolate buttercream that is really good to. PM me if you would like that one.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:33am
post #4 of 6

Oh, and by the way, welcome to cake central. I hope you'll like the site as much as we all do. However, it is very additive, as you will come to find out. LOL.

oceanviewbaker Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:08am
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone!
Cabecakes, thank you for all the info!!!
I feel more confident now! Phew!
I am going to do a test run early on this week.

Thanks again icon_lol.gif

oceanviewbaker Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:14am
post #6 of 6

Rosiecast,
Yes I like the cupcake idea 12 white 12 green!
Thanks for your reply! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%