Decorating By leah_s Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 5:35am by catlharper

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:54am
post #31 of 39

Leah, your office sounds SO PURDEEEE! Congrats my dear icon_smile.gif

totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:54am
post #32 of 39

This is my 1st Friday night. I just finished a couple days of a turkey cake for work.. ha ha we called it the over cooked one because I airbrushed it too dark... then the preschool on that looked just right.. the lil kids were like yummy turkey and I said its cake and they said huh? The third cake was a soccer ball cake and field for my friends kid first soccer party. She brought me a thank you are you ready for this.... cupcake shaped bandaids in a cute tin, cake tissues and a necklace she made me with sprinkles... then when I thought it was her to pick up the cake the door knocked and it was my son on a suprise trip home from college talk about a halmark moment! Hope you all are having a great night icon_smile.gif

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:26am
post #33 of 39

I don't know how some of you do this...6 cakes, then 5 more, then cupcakes? Good Lord, you must never sleep. I don't get much sleep though. This is my 2nd time on Friday night. I finished for tonight. Finished the cupcakes and cheesecake. Have 3 baby shower cakes for tomorrow and Sunday. I'm already dreading the alarm clock. Good night!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:48am
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea0613

Ok so I just did a test stacking of my tiers. The top four are dummies and the bottom is real cake.

But the bottom one isn't as tall as the stupid dummies. My hubby said it didn't look bad but I'm scared they'll want their money back or something. icon_cry.gif

That's where 1/2 inch foam core as your base can help. I do that when I want a super tall tier.

I'm such an idiot! Oh well. We'll see if its super noticable when I deliver it.

Nite Nite everyone!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:53pm
post #35 of 39

it's my birthday so i went out for dinner and was supposed to finish a chrisetening cake but il do it tomorow morning, its just the writing left to do.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:08pm
post #36 of 39

Well, I looked for you all last night, but I was exhausted from the day, so I hit the pillows early.

Yesterday was my birthday. My son's girlfriend bought me the Ace of Cakes book. Although some of the comments I've read on the book were negative, as people were expecting a how-to book, I found it to bring new intimacy between the AoC staff and myself. I'm a fan of biographies and biographical material, so for them to share their past and their passion brought me closer to my own passion for what I do.

As for cake, here's a pic of the baby shower cake I did for my niece. Her color choices were pink and brown, which challenged me, as I didn't want to do the standard stripes and dots with deely-bobbers hanging off wires. I ended up doing what I call the Tub of Flowers. Instead of a flower pot, I decided to mimic a crockery planter. The amount of flowers in the tub represents the number grandchild this one will be for my sister - 16. Personally, I think it would have been lacking if I had less flowers in there.

Enjoy!
Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:12pm
post #37 of 39

Well, it seems I can't get the attachment to upload here. Please see my gallery if you would like to see the pic. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:00am
post #38 of 39

Here's my cake everyone. Let me know if it looks bad icon_sad.gif

I think it came out better than I expected though.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1522311

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:35am
post #39 of 39

Sweet Pea..I think it's gorgeous! Your hands must be tired after all that piping!

For me Friday night was spent making my husbands golf bag birthday cake...you can see it now in my photos. He loved it, as did our party guests.

Have you all noticed how high the bar has been set for family cakes now that you are a decorator?? LOL!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%