How Does A Michael's Employee (Wmi) Get Their Pay Stubs Now?

Lounge By mom2spunkynbug Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 12:59am by adree313

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

When I started working at Michael's again, as a WMI, they told me to use some website to fill out all my info. Well, I always had problems with it & had to do everything AT Michael's.

NOW I went in the store to get my paystubs (I get direct deposit), and they said that I have to go online to get them. Well, I don't have that paper anymore with the name of the website and some crazy name or password they gave me (which, I had to call some people and get a new one anyway 'cause it didn't work).

How can I get my paystubs?!

I just called Michael's and they said I have to go online. I asked them what's the website address & they told me it's just michaels.com - well I went there and didn't see anywhere where I could get this info.

Can someone please help me?!

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 5

You do have to get it online. I am thinking it is the Oracle site or something like that. I'd go up there and talk personally with the manager or asst. manager to get the web address and your user name/password.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 5

it's https://hris.michaels.com

sign in (call your manager or the phone number for all your info)

click on "My HR Self Service, Standard"

click on "My Payslip"

it'll take you to a new website. you'll click on the button for first time users.

then click on view paychecks.

tada! icon_biggrin.gif

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:19am
post #4 of 5

Thanks adree...but I'm still having problems. I've logged in and the only options I have are to click on Home, Reset Password or Challenge Questions. I've already reset my password & answered two challenge questions...

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:59am
post #5 of 5

that's strange. i think i remember having to reset my password and answering the questions, just to prove that i was myself the first time i logged in. but now once i log in there's a "privacy statement" and then the navigation.

i'm sorry. i wish i could help you more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%